44

Next morning

I woke up with Lily shaking me, and that's when I remembered last night. I blushed and smiled at the thought, it wasn't a dream and that made me very happy.
With the thought of seeing Remus again I quickly got dressed and sat on my bed, waiting for Lily to shower and get ready for breakfast.

And that's when the thought hit me, what if he was caught in the moment? What if he didn't like me at all? He might regret everything... oh god.

I stared ahead of me in despair, I wasn't good enough... at that thought, I began to cry.

"Oh my god! Whats wrong!" Lily ran to my side after leaving the bathroom, she hugged me from the side, concern etched in her voice.

"I'm not good enough for Remus, he wouldn't like me..." I stuttered and she gasped, before standing up.

"Wait here." She commanded, and stormed out of the room quickly. I began sobbing more as Lily left me alone, Remus was too good for me.

Remus' p.o.v

I was sitting in the common room nervously, I had told Sirius and James what happened and they were ecstatic for me, they told me I had to tell her I loved her, so I was planning to some point today, but at the moment, I was just waiting to see her again, I hoped that she was still happy, that she didn't regret last night.

I heard someone storm down the girl's stairs, and I turned to see a concerned Lily Evans. "There you are!" she said looking at me, and I tilted my head in confusion.
"She's crying like a mad woman up there," Lily began and I gasped, feeling sick with worry, I was going to ask why but she continued, "She says that she's not good enough for you, and she's convinced that you regret last night... shes distraught Remus." Lily said, with sadness in her eyes, I stood up in panic, that was so far from the truth.

"I need to see her." I said, tears in my eyes at the thought of her hurting, Lily nodded, grabbing my hand and dragging me up the stairs. I had never been up the girls stairs before, usually they would turn into a slide, but I guess Lily standing on them also meant I could get up them without worrying.
Lily opened the door and I thanked her silently, before walking into their dorm.

On the bed by the window, sat a small girl, and I felt my heart crack at the sight, she was sobbing like mad, I rushed to her side, hugging her gently. "Lily, I need to be alone." She mumbled and I pulled away slightly, putting my hand on her chin and making her look at me softly. She gasped in horror, "Oh my, Remus? What are you doing in here?" she started furiously wiping her eyes.

I took her hands away from her face gently, her makeup had smudged, but she was still gorgeous. "I am here, because I love you." I said clearly and quietly, I was so nervous to say it, but now I had, I was glad. Her eyes widened in shock, and her mouth gaped open slightly. She was speechless.
"I am madly in love with you, and you are everything I want, I don't want someone else, because they wouldn't be you." I said, knowing that I sounded ridiculous, but I meant every word.

She opened her mouth, as if she were going to talk, but she didn't, instead she jumped on me, her arms wrapping around me in a tight embrace, and her legs wrapped around my waist, so she was sitting on me. I laughed gently, stroking her hair softly.
"I love you too Remus." She mumbled after a moment, and I gasped, I never ever expected her to say it back. I pulled back slightly, so I could see her face.

She smiled at me weakly but surely, I studied her amazing face carefully, "You're wonderful." I said and I gently kissed her lips and I felt more alive than I ever had.