9

After Remus had told me the others walked back in with big knowing smiles on their faces, it was adorable, and it made me smile. We continued playing truth or dare into the early hours of the morning, and that night I couldn't help but smile, I had three amazing best friends and I was so happy, happier than I'd ever been before.

Days passed and I noticed that we were getting closer to the full moon, now that I knew about Remus I was anxious to help, I hadnt mentioned it to the boys yet, because I knew they would say no, but I was going to follow them and help, no matter what happened.

The day of the full moon was cloudy and classes were long, mainly because Remus wasn't sitting next to me like he usually did, so I was alone and bored. Usually during lessons I would do my best to distract him from working and Sirius would look across the room laughing at how silly I was. But today I was in silence, not really paying attention to the Professor, just thinking about how horrid Remus must be feeling at this particular moment. It all went by terribly slowly and I wanted to bash my head against the desk in anticipation, but I didn't, because that would mean I end up in the hospital wing, and I was no help there. When the last lesson finally did end I rushed to the common room quicker than anything, I got there before James and Sirius so I decided to put my things in my room. Once I had done that and ran down the girls stairs, I saw Sirius waiting for me, I had asked to see Remus after the lessons end, to make sure he was ok. I was terribly worried and Sirius knew that, so he said I could.
Sirius smiled at me before taking my hand and dragging me upstairs to the Marauders dorm. When he walked in I noticed that it was dark, the curtains were closed and I could just about see Remus under his sheets, I rushed over, dropping Sirius' hand and sat down gently next to Remus' bed. He moved and looked at me curiously, thinking I was one of the boys probably.

"What are you doing here?" He grumbled, he sounded annoyed but I know that was just his condition, Remus was a sweetheart, he would never openly be annoyed.

"I was worried." I said quietly but gently, aware that his head probably hurt. He looked shocked at my answer but didn't talk again for a while. I gently stroked his hair, though I don't really know why, he flinched but calmed down once he felt my fingers gently running through his hair.

I cared more than I wanted to admit about Remus, he was attractive and kind, and I wanted nothing more than to take away his pain, he deserved better.