26

A few days later

I was getting used to the hunger thing, and I was eating healthily which was a weird thing in itself, but the potion was working wonderfully and it was amazing. Lily and I had become very good friends, we would often talk for hours before going to sleep, she was adorable and so kind, I understood immediately what James loved about her.

Talking about James, Lily was going to ask him out today, I was buzzing, all my friends noticed my strange excitement, but only Remus questioned it, we were sitting in Potions and he nudged me, I turned to him with a grin, and he raised his eyebrow, so I decided to let him in on my secret. "Lily is asking James out today!" I whispered to him and he gasped in shock.

"How the heck did you do that? Drug her?" he whispered back, clearly stunned.

"I'm a genius." I winked and we continued silently working.

When the time came, I was buzzing, I was sitting in the common room with the Marauders and I could see Lily building up the courage to do it. Remus was trying to calm me down, but he too was excited to see James freak out.
I saw her walk across the room, and hid my grin as best as I could.

"Hello James," She began and he turned to look at her, his eyes were wide and he was blushing like a mad man.

"You... you called me James!?" he exclaimed and I giggled quietly, trying not to ruin the moment, Remus and Sirius were watching curiously.

"Yes, I did." She said with a small blush on her cheeks, he let her continue, "I was um..." she paused, looking over at me nervously, I gave her a reassuring nod and she looked back at James, not looking away again, "Will you go to Slughorn's Christmas party with me?" She gasped out.

The room was silent, you could hear a pin drop, Lily was getting flustered and her cheeks were red again. "Padfoot," James began and Lily looked heartbroken and confused, "Pinch me... this is a dream..." he said with a large toothy grin on his face, she giggled then, and he stood up, quicker than I had ever seen him move. He wrapped his arms around her, and she squealed in delight as he spun her around in a circle. Once he put her down gently, he looked at her in awe, it was clear to any one that he loved her, and it was becoming clear, that she too, loved him. "Of course I will Lily." He muttered to her, but I heard clearly.

I jumped up and squealed in happiness, everyone looked at me and I blushed at the sudden attention, but Lily ran over, hugging me, "Thank you for suggesting it!" she said happily and as soon as she let go of me James jumped on me, hugging me tighter than ever.

"Oh Bells! I didn't know you would do this! Oh you're wonderful! You're the best friend ever!" He shouted and everyone around us chuckled lightly, once he was off, I blushed and shrugged simply.

"You guys are cute, I had to make it happen." I smirked and they looked at each other, blushing furiously.