45

Arabella's p.o.v

Remus stayed by my side until I had calmed down, I didn't feel like this was real, but he kept softly kissing my cheek every time he thought I was thinking too much, it was completely adorable.
When I had officially calmed down, he took my hand and we walked down the stairs to see our friends sitting by the fire. Lily squealed madly when she saw us holding hands, and James laughed at her playfully.

The rest of the morning went by rather slowly, but before I knew it, I was sitting next to Remus on the Hogwarts Express. I leaned my head gently on his shoulder, tired from my manic crying earlier, and he softly kissed my head, letting me rest there.

I began thinking about the next two weeks, I wasn't going to be alone, and that made me very happy, but the fact that I was going to be with Remus, made it so much better!

Our friends rushed in after a few minutes, James and Sirius were talking about pranks and other random things, whilst Lily read a book about who knows what. I noticed that Remus also had a book on his lap, it looked like a muggle story, but I didn't ask. Instead, I just fell asleep, on the love of my life.

I was woken a few hours later with Remus gently shaking me, I woke up with a yawn and he chuckled lightly, "You're adorable." He whispered and I felt my face flush crimson. I sat up and looked at my three other friends. James and Sirius were playing catch with a ball of some kinds, and Lily was still reading. "We're going to be arriving soon, I just wanted to make sure you were awake and ready." He said kindly and I blushed at his thoughtfulness.

In thanks, I gently kissed his cheek and he blushed madly, I giggled slightly, but stood up saying I was going to freshen up in the bathroom.

On the way there, I saw a couple of other students but not many, seeing as most of them had left earlier in the week. I found the bathroom, and looked into the mirror. I checked my makeup, because some of it had smudged in my sleep, but apart from that, I was ok.
I sprayed some perfume on, before leaving the bathroom, and heading back to the compartment.

When I got there, James was on the floor complaining about hurting and Remus and Sirius were laughing at him, whilst Lily ignored them the best she could, but I could see her grinning slightly. "What happened?" I asked giggling as I shut the door. They all looked at me before Sirius explained through laughter that James had fallen off the chair whilst trying to impress Lily. I laughed gently, before sitting back down next to Remus, who immediately wrapped his arm around me protectively.

In that moment, I felt happier than I ever had, I had the most amazing friends, and Remus loved me back... and I was free.