Chapter 66!

Author's Note:

Grab your tissues. This gets emotional.

••••

We both just stare at each other from across the room. Neither of us saying a word. All you can hear is our quiet breathing and the air conditioning kick on. It's too quiet in here. Too much tension. I think we both know something is about to happen in here. Something bad. I don't know what it is, though.

Liam stares at me from across the room, biting his lip. "We need to talk." He breaks the silence.

I wait for him to start, but he doesn't. His eyes are red like he's about to cry. Why would he start crying? Does he know about the Princeton letter? Is he mad that I didn't tell him right away? Is it something else?

"Tori." Liam takes a deep breath. He walks over to me and takes my hands in his. "I think-" He closes his eyes tightly.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I whisper, almost scared to hear his answer. I've never seen him like this.

His eyes flash open. "I think we need to break up."

My mouth pops open slightly. What? Did he just-? No, I heard him wrong. I look up at him waiting to say it's all a prank. Is this him getting back at me for the show Punk'd?

"What?" I gasp. My eyes start filling up with tears threatening to spill over.

Liam stares down at me with sad eyes. "I think we need to break up." He repeats, sounding like he's in pain.

"Think or want?" I question. "Is your managers making you do this because of the tour?"

Liam shakes his head. "I want to break up."

A sharp pain stabs me in my chest. He wants to break up with me. He doesn't want to be with me. "Why?"

"There's too much pressure with the tour. You're distracting me." Liam tells me. "I need to be on my own."

I pull my hands out of his. "I can go home. I'll wait for you." I suggest. "Please don't break up with me." I beg as a tear rolls down my cheek.

Liam watches the tear fall. "I'm sorry, but it's over between us." He says coldly.

That's when I lose it. Tears stream down my face and I shake my head not believing this. The man I love doesn't love me back. I feel my heart break in two as his words sink in. Liam doesn't want me. How long has he felt like this?

"Is there someone else?" I whisper.

"No. I just don't want to be with you." Liam says, breaking my heart with each word. "We were never going to last. I don't want you in my life anymore." He squeezes his eyes shut.

"You jerk!" I scream at him. Something inside me snaps and anger boils out of me. "I can't believe you!"

"Tori-"

"No! Don't talk to me!" I step back. "How could you do this to me? I've always been supportive of you! Now you're breaking up with me because there is too much pressure from the tour?! I don't see Harry having a problem with it!" I scream at him.

"It's for the best."

"I was so stupid to believe my mom! I should have known that you could never love me! I'm so stupid for falling in love with you! Every time I trust someone I get hurt! First Taylor and now you!" I push against his chest roughly.

"You were supposed to prove to me that not all guys are the same! For a while, I actually believed you! How stupid of me! I guess it's a good thing I didn't tell you that I was in love with you!" I hit his chest with each word.