Chapter 14

ODTMH 14:

"We're going to be late!" Megan yells as we all run to the entrance of the airport.

"It's your fault!" Zayn shouts back at her.

Last night we had everything planned. We were going to leave at seven in the morning and arrive at the airport at eight thirty. Our plane leaves at nine thirty. Megan couldn't decide on which outfit to wear this morning. Instead of leaving at the seven, we left at eight. We were definitely speeding on the way here. We managed to get here at eight forty five.

Apparently, Harry talked to Simon ahead of time and already arranged our flight. A guy is going to be waiting by the terminal to take our luggage for us. All we have to worry about is getting on the plane and not getting noticed. Everything else is being taken care of.

"I didn't mean too!" Megan says as we swerve through the crowds.

This isn't going to help us not get noticed. We're all wearing jeans and jackets with hoods on them. To make us look even more ridiculous, we all have sunglasses on inside.

"This way!" Liam shouts heading to the right.

We finally reach the terminal and find the guy to take our bags. We drop the suitcases at his feet. The airport employee takes our ticket and sends is through.

"That was way too close." Niall breathes as we sit in our first class seats.

I take my seat in between Louis and Liam. "Next time you are waking up a hour before us."

"I didn't mean too! At least no one recognized them." Megan whispers looking over the seat in front of me.

"We still have the flight there and the airport." Harry adjusts his hood.

I reach forward and slap the back of his head. "Way to think positive!"

"Tori! Listen to this song!" Louis places headphones over my ears. He turns the volume up all the way and I yank them off my ears. "Did you like it?"

"I barely heard it! It was too loud." I toss the headphones in his lap.

"So, you didn't hear anything else?" Louis smiles at me.

"No." I stare at him weirdly. He's got to be up to something.

The sign near the front of the plane flashes red saying 'Buckle up'. Great. We're taking off soon. I buckle my lap belt tightly making sure it won't go loose. I hate taking off.

I grab my small bag from the ground by my feet. I dig through it looking for my iPod and headphones. I set them on my lap and put my bag on the floor again. I put the headphones in my ears and go to my favorite playlist.

"Can I listen along?" Liam whispers in my ear holding up a splitter.

I grab the splitter and set it up. I click play and turn the music up. Hey Princess by Allstar Weekend starts playing. I close my eyes trying to imagine I'm anywhere else but here.

The plane lurches forward slightly. My nails dig into the arm rests. The plane tilts up and my breathing gets faster. Don't think about it. It tilts up even more. I can't do this.

"Tori?" I hear Megan's worried voice over my music. I am not going to open my eyes. That would only make it worse.

A warm hand lifts my right hand off the arm rest and intertwines my fingers with theirs. I crack one eye open to see Liam staring directly at me.

"It's okay." He says. I open my eyes all the way and look directly at him. "I'm right here. Nothing is going to happen." He reassures me. "Breathe."