Chapter 10

Remember when you're about thirteen? Maybe older or younger. And there is this really cute guy you've had a crush on for so long? All you want is to go out with him and get your first kiss.

Your first kiss should be magical and breathtaking. You dream about it every night and get in trouble for day dreaming about it in class.

I didn't get my first kiss at thirteen. My first kiss actually happened last year when I first started dating Taylor. I was seventeen when I was first kissed. Pathetic, right? Now in a week and a half I'll be eighteen.

I thought my first kiss would be romantic. We would be under the stars after a great date. He would lean down and kiss me. Then I would go home and fill Megan in all about it.

My first kiss didn't go like that though. It actually kind of sucked. Taylor kissed me in the middle of a school hallway with students walking around. I didn't know what to do. It was awkward.

What's a more prefect place to be kissed at then Disney when they are shooting off fireworks? Maybe that's why my stomach feels like there is a million butterflies in my stomach.

We are all watching the fireworks by the castle. Megan and Harry seem to be getting closer and closer by the night. Niall, Zayn, and Louis are doing another video with terrible southern accents. Last but definitely not least, Liam is standing right next to me.

"I love fireworks." I whisper as the fireworks explode in the air.

"I just feel bad for all of the people who are trying to go to sleep." Liam chuckles.

I let out a little giggle. "Very true." I smile up at him. "They are so beautiful." I turn back to the fireworks.

"Yes, you are." Liam looks down at me seriously.

"Cheesy." I laugh, but stop when I see he is being serious.

Liam's eyes dart from my eyes to my lips. Is he going to kiss me? No, of course not. It was probably just the lighting. I saw it wrong. He starts moving down slowly. What is he doing? He isn't going to kiss me. Why would Liam Payne kiss me? I'm just a plain Jane kind of girl except my crazy red hair. That's not normal.

"Liam, wha-" I stop when he places his hand on my cheek.

Oh my gosh. He's really going to kiss me. Why would he kiss me? He could kiss any girl in the world! Why me?

Liam closes his eyes as his breath fans across my face. Am I really ready to start dating?

Right before his lips touch mine, I turn my head to right. His lips touch my cheek gently. I squeeze my eyes tightly together.

"I'm sorry." I apologize stepping back. I just ruined the perfect moment. I turn on my heel and run to the exit.

"Tori!" Megan yells behind me.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did I pull away? Actually, I know why. I'm scared to be in a relationship again. I know that all guys aren't the same. I know that. The guys proved that to me. I'm just scared that what happened with Taylor will happen again. It hurts a lot to be betrayed by someone you thought you could trust.

I slow down to a walk when I'm almost to my car. I weave through the remaining cars and stop at my Bug. I grab my keys from my pocket and unlock it. I climb in the driver's seat and just sit there.

Poor Liam. I must have really confused him. I'm such a terrible person. I punch the wheel repeatedly in anger. I hit the horn by accident and stop. A few tears leak from my eyes.

"Found her!"

"Shh! She's sleeping! Don't wake her."

"Awh. She's so cute."

"Move her to the backseat. I'll drive back."

"Careful!"

Two arms pull me out of my car and close to their body. I snuggle in to them enjoying their warmth. They set me down on a soft cushion and an arm pulls me close. Who's all here?

"She looks like a bunny." Is that Louis?

"A bunny?" Niall? Where's Liam?

"Maybe a cat." Louis changes his mind. "Cats curl up in a ball when they sleep and that's what Tori is doing."

I'm so tired. Almost kissing a boy and then running away is very tiring. I'm just going to block them out and go back to sleep completely. I hate being half awake and half asleep.

"I wish I knew why she pulled away." Am I sleeping on Liam? If so, he is very comfortable. Maybe I'll listen for a little bit.

"She did just break up with her boyfriend she was dating for a year." Niall says. Smart boy.

Liam let's out a soft sigh. "I hope she doesn't hate me."

Does he really think I'm going to hate him? I could never hate him. To be honest, I really wanted to kiss him. I'm just scared. Stupid Taylor.

"She won't hate you, mate." Louis tells Liam. "Try again in a few weeks. Give her time."

I cuddle deeper into Liam's side.

Something touches my arm causing me to jerk awake. Liam pulls my comforter over my body and starts to walk away.

"Wait." I whisper grabbing his wrist.

He looks down at me surprised to see me awake. The creak from my bedroom door lights up my room enough to see Liam's face.

"I'm sorry." I mumble staring up at his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Why are you apologizing?" He whispers sitting down on my bed.

I roll over on my side to see him better. "I shouldn't have pulled away. My emotions are just going crazy."

"Don't worry about it." Liam leans forward and presses his lips to my forehead. He's too sweet.

I pull the blanket tighter around me. "I do like you though." I mumble closing my eyes falling back to sleep.