Chapter 42

I never realized how hard the quiet game was. When I was younger it seemed like the simplest game in the world. Now it seems like the hardest.

Maybe it's because I'm playing with One Direction. We are so bored that we decided to play the quiet game. Surprisingly, we have been at this for a hour and no one has talked yet.

Maybe because the winner will have such a great reward. We agreed that whoever wins gets to pick one thing that each loser has to do. I know these boys too well. I am not going to lose. I'm not too worried about Liam or Niall. Niall would probably get me to cook him something. Liam wouldn't pick anything bad for me.

Louis on the other hand is very devious when he wants to be. Harry would come up with something extremely embarrassing. I'm not sure what Zayn would come up with, but I'm not taking any chances. Megan knows my weaknesses. Her idea would probably be worse than Louis's.

Therefore, I must win.

Although, at the moment that seems quite impossible. Louis keeps making funny faces at us. Niall almost slipped once, but he managed to hold back his laughter. After that, Niall keeps shoving food into his mouth to keep himself from laughing. So far it has been working.

I actually thought Louis would be out in the first five minutes. I mean it's Louis I'm talking about here. He can't be serious for a second. He is the loudest in the group. Yet here he is. Completely silent.

It's actually rather peaceful. I would take a nap, but knowing the boys they would wake me up somehow. Then I would probably scream at them without thinking about it. No, I have to stay awake. No sleeping.

Megan stands up from the couch and heads for the bedroom. Louis cranes his head to watch her and suddenly jumps up. He runs to the kitchen quickly. What is he up to? Louis runs back carrying a bucket of water. He stands with his back against the wall.

From Megan's point of view, he won't be seen. This can't be good.

I should probably stop her from coming out, but I need her out of the game. Then I would only have to worry about Louis, Zayn, and Harry.

Megan starts to walk out of the bedroom. She notices everyone staring at her and her pace slows down. Louis stays completely hidden in his spot. Megan shakes her head and continues walking out of the room. Right when she steps out of the doorway, Louis flings the bucket of water on her.

Megan screams loudly as the water hits her in the face directly. She stands still with her eyes closed. Louis is so dead.

Her eyes flash open. "Louis!" She screams at him. Louis pulls the bucket behind his back and grins innocently at her. "I can't believe this!"

Niall starts to grin and I notice he is about to start laughing. I dive over Liam's lap and land in between him and Niall. I cover his mouth with both of my hands to stop him from laughing.

I'm allowed to do this. There is only one rule in the game. That rule is to remain quiet. Nothing says I can't stop someone else from laughing.

Niall quickly stops himself from laughing. That was close.

"You can't do that!" Harry points at me.

Another one bites the dust!

"Yes, she can!" Megan defends me. She's such a good friend!

"No, that's cheating." Harry argues with her.

"There's no rules in this game." Megan crosses her arms.

"Just like there are no rules of playing dirty?" Harry points at Louis who is still holding the bucket.

Megan glares at him for a second. "Exactly. Now we are both out of the game."

I remove my hand from Niall's mouth and straighten up. I smile sweetly at Niall. If he wins, he better remember that I just saved him from losing.

Louis drops the bucket on the floor and jumps over the couch landing next to Zayn. Now I just have to worry about the two of them. Louis has to snap sometime.

Zayn is too good at this. He has barely moved since we started playing. I need to make him crack. He's naturally quiet though.

Wait. I have an idea.

I snatch the laptop off the table and pull it on my lap. I click on the Internet icon and wait for it to load. Liam watches me as I type in YouTube.com. This is going to be hilarious. I search for the music video I want. Liam recognizes it and leans his head back on the couch. He must know this song and not like it. I actually don't know anyone that likes this song.

I crank the volume up all the way and click play. Here we go. The music starts blaring throughout the whole suite.

"That's just cruel." Harry shakes his head at me.

I just shrug at him. I need to win this.

"Seven a.m. waking up in the morning." Rebecca Black's voice starts. "Gotta be fresh. Gotta go downstairs. Gotta have my bowl. Gotta have cereal. Seeing everything, the time is goin' tickin' on and on. Everybody's rushin'. Gotta get down to the bus stop. Gotta catch my bus. I see my friends."

I forgot how much I hate this song. Apparently, the guys hate it just as much. Zayn has a pillow over his ears trying to block out the noise. I don't think that is going to work. Louis is sitting in the same position, but his face gives away that he doesn't like the song.

I jump up off the couch and walk over to Zayn and Louis. I sit down in between. One of them better crack from this. I think it will be Zayn. I set the laptop near Zayn's head as the chorus starts up.

"It's Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday. Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend. Friday, Friday. Getting down on Friday. Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend."

If no one cracks right away then I'll just have to keep hitting replay. I glance over at Megan. We agreed that we couldn't talk, but does sign language count as talking? No words will be coming from my mouth. The only rule is no talking. Talking technically means when a sound comes from your mouth.

I wave to get Megan's attention. Her head snaps to me. Let's see if I still remember the sign language I learned in freshman year.

'This song is killing me.' I sign to her.

Megan nods her head. 'I think Zayn is going to crack next.'

Yep. I still remember the class.

"Are you two speaking with sign language?" Harry asks.

"She's not talking. So, it's completely fair." Megan explains to him.

'I want Liam, Niall, or myself to win. I don't trust Louis.' I sign to her easily.

'I'm surprised he has lasted this long. I thought he would be the first to go.' She signs back quickly. I forgot Megan passed that class with an 'A'.

'How can I get him out?' I restart the song.

"No!" Zayn groans.

Yes! Another one bites the dust!

"Wait! I didn't mean to say that!" Zayn says quickly.

"And then there was four." Harry says dramatically.

It seems to be that the odds are in my favor.

Louis breaks out in a creepy grin. It sort of looks like the Grinch grin. He stands up and walks over to the kitchen. Louis's next victim must be Niall. Louis comes back with a bag of chips. He sits down on the table and faces Niall.

He is so mean.

Louis opens the bag of chips and starts to eat them. Louis must really want to win this.

Niall glances from the chips to Louis. He's going to crack. He can't resist food. Louis holds the bag out to Niall. Niall starts to put his hand in the bag, but Louis pulls the bag away quickly.

Awh, poor Niall.

Niall glares at Louis for a second. "I'm out!" He gives in. Louis grins and hands the chips to Niall.

Maybe the odds aren't in my favor.