Chapter 13

"NO FREAKING WAY!"

That's what I woke up to this morning. A random yell from my best friend, Megan. I have no clue why she screamed that. Only one way to find out.

I roll out my warm, comfy bed to the stairs. I probably look like a complete mess, but I don't care. I braided my hair last night to make it curly today. I pull out the hair tie on my way downstairs. My hair shakes out of place and it lays perfectly.

I stroll in the kitchen to see Megan doing her happy dance. The guys are sitting around the counter with huge grins on their faces.

"What's going on?" I stare at Megan in confusion.

Liam's head snaps around to look at me. His eyes dart to my pajamas and back to my face with a slight blush to his face. Why is he blushing? I glance down and see my black polka dot pajama shorts and my white tank top. I grab the closest jacket I see and pull it on quickly. I zip it about an inch from the top. The sleeves fall past my hands while the jacket is longer than my shorts.

Megan runs over to me. "Guess where we are going tomorrow!" She starts jumping up and down in place.

"You can't tell her!" Liam shouts.

Megan pouts. "Why not?"

"It's a surprise." Louis grins.

Great. I hate surprises. "What are you guys talking about?" I yawn covering my mouth. This jacket smells amazing!

"Nothing you can know yet." Zayn says.

"You need to go pack for a week." Harry takes a bite of his cereal.

"Why?" I look for a place to sit, but all of the seats are taken. I sit down on the cold tile floor and lean against the fridge.

"We're going on a vacation!" Megan starts dancing again.

"Sort of." Niall adds.

"Can I get a hint?" I ask rubbing my eyes. I'm still tired.

"NO HINTS!" Louis screams.

I cover my ears. "A simple no would have worked." Louis shrugs. "Hey, Liam?"

Liam looks down at me. "I'm not telling you."

"No, that's not what I want." I wave my hand dismissively. "Can you make me a bowl of Lucky Charms?" I smile sweetly at him. Liam stares at me for a few seconds before giving in. "Thank you!"

"Your welcome. You need to pack soon. We want to load the cars up by tonight." He grabs a bowl from the cabinet.

"How about we play twenty questions to see if I can figure it out?" I suggest, stretching my legs.

The guys exchange a few looks. "Five." Harry negotiates.

"Fifteen." I argue.

"Ten." Louis says.

"Thirteen." I at least want twelve.

"Eight or nothing." Zayn stops our bargaining.

Dang. "Fine. Eight." I huff. "Is it nearby?"

Liam sets my bowl of cereal on the counter and walks to me. "No." He grabs my hands and pulls me up.

"Why are we going there?" I follow Liam who makes me sit in the stool he was originally sitting in.

Niall thinks it over before answering. "We are going to do a surprise concert."

Surprise concert? "Do we have to fly?" I ask worried. I hate flying. Worst feeling ever!

"Yeah. Sorry, Tee." Megan says to me. Great.

Megan was with me the first time we went out of the state. We were going to California to visit my mom for a week. The turbulence had me so scared. I held on to Megan's arm the entire time. When we got off the plane, Megan had five marks on her arm bleeding.

"Lovely." I mutter sarcastically. "Give me some time to think about it and then I'll ask the last four."

"Don't try to get any us to tell you either. We agreed on letting you find out when we get there." Niall grabs an apple from the fruit bowl in the middle of the counter.

Maybe I can bribe Louis into telling me. Carrots are that boy's weakness. I'll do that later when no one else is around. If that fails I could definitely get Liam to tell me.

••••

author's Note:

Where do you think they are going to go?