Chapter 5

At lunch...

“Hello, y’all must be the Chambers’ family,” a woman said. “Welcome to the neighborhood.” Then my parents went off talking with the other adults. The woman told me that if I wanted to I could go into the living room with the teenage boys about my age or if I would like to go into the kitchen with the adults. I decided that I would go with the boys, the lady walked me to the living room and told the boys,” Austin, Alex, Robert, Zach this is Madi and her and her family just moved to the neighborhood yesterday from New York. They all said cool and then the lady walked back to the kitchen, left us alone in the living room.  Then one of the boys finally spoke after about 5minutes of awkward silence. He said, “hi, in Austin,” then while pointing he said,” and this is Alex, Robert, and Zach.” Then they all said hi, then I said hi back. They started asking me questions about life in New York, I told them about our neighborhood, my boyfriend, my besties, and cheerleading. Then I asked them about life in Texas. They explained that they were best friends, and they all attended Lady Bird Johnson High School. Then Alex asked me if next year I would be attending there too. I explained to them that I wasn’t really sure because it was only the beginning of summer so I was not really sure where I would be attending. Then he said he understood. Then I got an incoming phone call from Caitlyn I answered it, of course but I explained to her that I was at the neighbors and I couldn’t talk. She told me she understood and then we said bye and hung up.  Then for about an hour I talked and laughed with the boys and it was fun. We ended up exchanging numbers and decided that we should all me up at the local park tomorrow, where I could possibly meet some more friends… maybe.