Chapter 24

(Nash's POV)

"RYAN," she screams jumping into his arms and wrapping her arms around his waist. 

"I missed you," he mumbles quietly. I flash Shawn a look, but he doesn't look back just stares at the dude looking like he could punch him. 

"How did you know I was in Chicago?" Katie asks when she finally let's go from the hug that seemed to last forever. 

"Stella told me last time we talked that you were coming here with some friends so I figured I'd swing by," he says as if he wasn't flirting with her in front of all of us. 

"The girl from your Skype," Johnson pipes in. 

"Yup," Katie responds popping the p.

"Have you seen her new hair?" Ryan jumps back in. 

"With the blue streak?" she asks. 

"She added purple it's totally dope," he responds as if its cool to say 'dope'. 

"So Katie, are you going to introduce us or are we just going to keep pretending that this isn't slightly awkward?" Gilinsky asks smirking at the new guy. 

"Oh my god," Katie exclaims. "I'm so sorry Ryan this is Shawn, Cameron, Taylor, Matt, Carter, Hayes, Jack, Jack, and Nash." she says gesturing to each of us as she says our names. "Guys this is Ryan," she finishes looking completely out of breath. 

"Hey," Ryan says still standing in the doorway giving one of those two-fingered waves before walking to the other side of the room with Katie behind him. They sat on the couch a little too close for my liking but if Shawn wasn't gonna say anything then neither was I. 

"Nash, are you listening?" Shawn asks. 

"Huh," I respond after being snapped out of my Katie thoughts. 

"Actually I know you weren't 'cause I was just telling you about the time Cam and I flew pink ponies in New York," Shawn laughs as I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I glance again at Katie and Ryan. 

"Dude you're whipped," Johnson laughs piping into our conversation. 

"Shut up," I say pushing him gently which ended up making him fall off the bed. 

"How's Kelsey doing?" Katie asks Ryan. 

"Good it's our two year anniversary next month," he replies. He has a girlfriend? I looked around the room seeing relief on almost everybody's face. 

"Anyone want snacks?" I ask. 

"Me," Katie jumps off the couch grabbing my hand a heading for the door without giving me time to think. 

"Can we talk," I ask as we wait for the elevator. 

"'Bout what?" 

"Us" I respond stepping into the elevator.

"We were drunk," she responds looking at the ground. 

"I wasn't drunk," I respond not sure that she was drunk either. 

"Neither was I," she admits looking at me with her green eyes and I finally realize how close we are standing. Before I had time to think I was leaning down I soon felt her soft lips on mine. This wasn't like our first kiss, this one was soft and passionate not lustful or angry. God, her lips taste like strawberries and I could smell her lavender soap. She pulled back when suddenly someone clears their throat from the elevator door which is now open. When I look up I see Johnson smirking at Katie who is blushing at the floor. 

"So is this another point for Nash or should I just stop keeping track?" He asks Katie who shoots him a glare that could kill. 

"I think what you should be doing is making up a good excuse for Shawn about why we're gone," She shoots back grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the elevator. 

"One point Nash?" I ask completely confused about the conversation. 

"Come on," she avoids the questions pulling me towards what looks like one of those old arcade bowling places. 

"Are you going to answer my question," I laugh at the wonder in her eyes as she walks through the doors. 

"What size shoe do you wear?" She asks totally zoning out my previous question. 

"10, why are we here" 

"I'm gonna get pizza what kind do you want," 

"German," I say to see if she's really paying attention. 

"Got it be right back," she says skipping away like a happy child.

"I brought M&M's too," she says like she won the lottery when she got back. 

"I'm more of a skittles guy," I say plopping a few in my mouth. 

"Really I was gonna get starburst but they didn't have any," she says taking a slice of pizza.

"Do you have skittles in London?" I ask not sure if it's a stupid question. 

"Yeah we have most of yours foods," she responds.

 "Do you miss your food," I ask grabbing a bowling ball off the wall. 

"I miss Maltesers," she says with her eyes suddenly sparkling. 

"What," I laugh after bowling a terrible 7/10 split. 

"They're like malt balls, but better. It's like tasting heaven," she smiles thinking about it. "Someday you're gonna come to London and try them," she smiles to herself as if this is a foolproof plan before bowling a strike without even aiming. 

"You've never had hot wings," I exclaim as we walk back to the hotel. 

"Nope, they're such an American food," she responds licking her ice cream we picked up a couple blocks back. 

"They is something we're doing before you leave," I respond as she suddenly stops walking. "Katie?" I ask as she stares into the distance. 

"Twenty days," she said looking at me as if I killed her dog. 

"Twenty days till what?" I ask still confused what she's talking about. 

"Till I leave," she responds. 

"I thought you were planning on coming back after you graduate," I say feeling the color drain from my face. 

"I'm not sure," she looks down. 

"I'll be here for you no matter what," I say looking her dead in the eyes. 

"You'd really wait for me?" She asks looking as if I'm going to say no. 

"I promise," I say meaning every word.

"Don't promise," she says as something flares through her eyes. "Promises are lies we want to keep," she says before pulling me into a hug.