Chapter 18

(Nash's POV)

"Maybe I will," Katie yells at Shawn taking off for the front of the house. 

"Shit," I mumble under my breath before taking off after Katie who was now almost at the steps. 

"Katie Ray," I say knocking lightly on Katie's door and waiting for an answer. I could barely hear her light sobs through the door. "Katie," I say again lightly opening the door. 

"Go away," She said with her eyes red and puffy. Seeing her like this made my heart squeeze and want to go hug her. 

"Hey,"  I say walking closer slowly as she watches me as if trying to decide if she should let me stay. 

"Hey," she says softly, but strongly looking back down at the white laptop on her bed. 

"What ya going?" I ask hoping for a good answer. 

"Booking a flight," she says flatly not looking up from the screen. From what I could tell she was almost too drunk to remember her password.   

"Can't it wait till morning maybe you should get some sleep," I say even after her answer made my heart squeeze almost making me yell for her to stay. 

"I'm not tired," she responds her voice not sounding shaky anymore like she was never crying. 

"Are you going to say goodbye to him?" I ask knowing she's not mad enough to stop loving Shawn.

"No," she says slightly pausing before she continues. "I already told him I was leaving. he won't miss me," she says looking at Liyah's bed, staring into it like somehow it would make everything alright. 

"Liyah will," I say trying to look her in the eyes even though she won't look up, but she stopping typing. "And Johnson... And Hayes... And Taylor... And me," I say now looking down playing with my hands in my lap.  I felt the bed shift so she was right beside me. She lays her head on my shoulder and sighs deeply. 

"I'll miss you too," she says airily. 

"So stay," I say tipping her head up so I'm looking straight in her eyes. She scans my face as if searching for something but she can't figure out what. Before I know it I feel her lips on mine and start kissing back as I feel her move closer. Her fingers pull at my hair and the back of my neck as I adjust her hips so she's on my lap. 

"Katie you're drunk," I say slightly pulling away enough though I have been waiting for this since our trip to the movies. 

"I could be more sober," she says smoothly before I found myself leaning in and pulling her towards me. She wrapped her legs around my waist and started kissing down my neck as my headshot backward she laughed getting off me and standing up. 

"I'm too sober, you up for shots?" She asks fixing her hair in the mirror on the back of the door.

"I'm up for anything with you," I say making her smile at me through the mirror. 

"What happened," she said gesturing towards the bed. "Stay between us," she winked clearly drunker then she thought. Before turning around and walking out the door. Damn.

By the time we got downstairs the party had died down quite a bit. The DJs still playing and the red solo cups have multiplied, people are passed out on the ground so drunk they don't feel it when others trip over them. Katie grabbed a tall shot glass off the table not even checking whats in it before downing it and tossing it behind her like it was nothing before walking towards the DJ. 

(Katie's POV)

I grabbed a glass off the table not bothering to look in it before taking it feeling the burning on my throat before tossing the empty glass behind me and walking towards the dance floor. I was looking for anyone I knew, I saw Taylor making out with a girl how looked so young she could have been in middle school. I saw Johnson and Gilinsky having what looks like a very intense game of beer pong. They both looked like they were gonna fall over at any moment. Gilinsky appears to be winning but Johnson looks way more sober meaning he'd probably have a comeback sometime soon. 

"Katie!" someone screams picking me up from behind and running out the back doors towards the pool before jumping in. 

"What the hell Luke," I laugh being too drunk to care about my clothes or hair at this point. 

"You looked bored," he laughs pushing his wet bangs back making them look super sexy before splashing me. 

"You're a jerk," I yell playfully splashing him back. 

"I'm truly wounded," he smirks swimming closer to me. 

"You're truly something else," I say rolling my eyes as I put my hands on his shoulders and push him underwater when I feel something grab my foot and pull me under. When I resurface I see Luke laughing so hard he's struggling to swim. 

"This is the start of a beautiful friendship," Luke says helping me out of the pool.

"That line is used way too much," I stay grabbing a towel off the stand. 

"Too cheesy?" He asks.

"Little bit?" I say drying my hair.

"Wanna forget I said it?" He asks with the biggest smirk on his face.

"And how would I do that?" I ask already knowing the answer. 

"Lots of shots," he smirks as we start walking to the kitchen.