Chapter 7

(Nash's POV)

"So what was London like?" I asked trying to fill the conversation while I looked at the sky. After a while, she never answered, when I looked down at hurt and the color had gone out of her small face and she almost looked scared, why? "I'm sorry I saw your board and with the accent, I thought you must have been from London,"  I said as color started to return to her face.

"Yeah, I lived there for a while when I was younger," she said as she looked up towards the stars.

"When'd you move back?" I asked trying to get her to break the stupid her to break to stupid tutor act. 

"Not long ago, a couple weeks maybe a month," she answered plainly clearly thinking carefully about every word she said. 

"Are you staying, I mean staying here in Pickerington?" I asked dying to know what was so special about her to Shawn. I could see it in his eyes when he looked at her, it was love but not lust, he was protective of her, but not because he liked her there was clearly something else going on. 

"I don't plan on staying very long," she said hesitantly still never making eye contact. 

"Really, cause it seems like you're pretty close to Shawn and Aaliyah?" I asked trying to dig just a little deeper.  

"Yeah, but I don't want to stay and it's not like they tried to keep me here last time," she said with a hint of anger in her voice, or maybe it was sadness or regret, but I couldn't tell. 

"But-" I started to say.

"Just drop it," she cut me off finally looking me in the eyes. Even in the dark, I could see tears starting to form around the bottom of her eyes. She turned back just as quick as she looked at me. "We should head back," she said strongly. She wouldn't let me in like her walls were so high that at this point there was no way through. We rode in silence for a little while until it started to rain. She took the flannel she had around her waist and held it above hurt head trying to stop the ran, which did not help in the slightest bit.

"So Blue Eyes, have you always lived here?" she asked as we rode through the rain. 

"No, I lived in North Carolina for most my life, do you have any siblings?" I asked 

"Yeah, do you... I mean other than Hayden," she said trying to catch little water droplets in her mouth. 

"Yup, I have an older brother and a younger sister... and its Hayes not Hayden." I laughed. "Do you know any of our names?" I asked really hoping she knew my name.

"Yup," she responded happily. "Blue eyes, Bandanna Boy, Eyebrows, Blondie, The Asain who can't work a TV, Baby Blue eyes, Curly, and the other one," she said smiling proudly as if she was the smartest person in the world. 

"That is the greatest thing I've ever heard, but my name is-" 

"I don't care what your name is cause I really like calling you Blue Eyes," she cut me off still trying to catch water in her mouth.

"So you're just going to call me blue eyes forever?" I asked playfully 

"I'll only know you for another 28 days so yeah probably," she responded dryly.

"28 days?" I questioned completely lost 

"Its 28 days till I go back to London," she responded happily like going back was gonna be the greatest thing in the world. Maybe she is just Liyah's tutor, I mean she really doesn't seem that attached to Liyah or Shawn or to anybody. She totally dodged that question about her siblings and hasn't mentioned anything about her family.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked hoping that maybe she wanted to stay even just a little.

"That's a great thing," she exclaimed as she hopped off her penny board in Shawn's driveway. 

(Shawn's POV) 

"SHAWN CAN YOU BRING US TOWELS," someone shouts from the top of the stairs as the door slams shut.

"One second," I say as half the guys race up the steps. I grabbed a couple of towels from the downstairs bathroom and tossed them at Katie and Nash who were standing in my doorway with tiny water droplets still in their hair. 

"It was raining," Katie says quietly as she tried to dry her hair, which was not going very well.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at me. 

"But the ice cream was really good as its okay," she said smiling like a kid that just got a giant bag of there favorite candy. "I haven't had ice cream since Christmas break when I went to Barcelona with Liam's family. 

"It's March?" Hayes exclaimed.

"That means you haven't had ice cream in like three months," Matt jumped in. 

"Nope," Katie said like it was nothing. Honestly, I really don't know anything about her.

"Why not?" I asked as all the boys turned to me as if I should know. 

"The boarding school I go to in London doesn't really allow a lot of junk food, so I guess I never really get to eat it," She said like it wasn't a big deal. Why did she say the boarding school she goes to not the one she went to? Is she going back? When? How soon? 

"The boarding school you go to?" I asked, "I thought you were switching to online?" 

"I'm doing online right now but when I go back to London after the break..." She faded out as if she didn't want to tell me she was leaving again. I stared at her in disbelief not knowing if I wanted to accept the fact that she was gonna be gone again.

"How long?" I asked quietly not sure if she could hear me.

"28 days," she said looking at the floor, never making eye contact. After a long silence, Taylor finally decided to speak.

"Well, I should probably go home, so I will see you guys at the ungodly hour of 3 am," he said glancing at the clock which stowed it was only around 10.

"What are you guys doing at 3 am?" I asked feeling stupid.

"You guys still never told him!" Nash laughed.

 "We have Magcon tomorrow in Dallas, then we're coming home for two days before Bart wants us to move in together in LA. He already talked to the parents, I figured if Cam hadn't told you your mom would have." 

"You're leaving?" Liyah said staring at me with her big brown eyes on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry," I all I could get out embracing her in a hug. As we let go, Cameron, walked over to Aaliyah and got down on his knees so he could look her in the eyes. Even though Lyiah is 13 Cameron is still like a giant to her. 

"Hey Mini Mendes," he said softly as she still wouldn't look at him. "I was thinking there's no way I can move across the country without my partner in crime," she looked up with her eyes full of hope. "Do you come with me?" He asked her as she jumped into his arms. Cameron has always been like another big brother to Liyah, but now Katie has to stay here by herself. 

"Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou," Liyah screamed dancing around the living room and stopping as she made eye contact with Katie who was smiling in the doorway, but it wasn't a real smile. "But I can't go anywhere without my tutor," Liyah states looking Cam dead in the eyes. 

"That's fine bring her with, she can stay in my room," Hayes said walking over to Katie.

"Or she can stay in one of the extra rooms," Nash said rolling his eyes.

"Well, looks like you're coming to LA with us," Cameron shouts as everyone does this weird disfunctional group hug like thing around me and Aaliyah.