Chapter 20

(Katie's POV)

By the time we got home Maddie was still going off about Karen York and the National Tournament while I was in so much shock I wasn't really there. You know when your body keeps working but your mind is somewhere else. I bought boots, crop tops, shorts, legging, but I really don't remember any of it. 

"You guys are never going to believe what happened," Maddie yells as we walk in the door. 

"What?" Cam says rather bored sitting on the couch. 

"Katie got-" She starts. 

"Really cute boots," I exclaim cutting her off. 

"And-" she starts again. 

"They were on sale," I say giving her a drop it look. 

"Yeah, they're really cute," she says hesitantly. 

"Okay," Cam says questionly turning back to the screen where some of the other guys were playing COD.  Maddie and I hurry up the stairs to my room before she starts questioning me about what happened back there. 

"I'm not going so they don't need to know about of offer," I say plainly. 

"WHAT!!!" She exclaimed so loud if the guy's tv hadn't been at full volume they would have heard. 

"I'm not going," I repeat putting my new boots on a rack in the closet. 

"This is Nationals," she exclaims. "This is your shot at the Olympics and you're telling me that you're not going," she says holding out the word not. 

"Pretty much," I say wishing she'd drop it. 

"But-" she starts. 

"Just drop it," I say rather harshly before she threw her hands up in defeat and left the room. 

(Nash's POV)

Maddie quickly walks into the room taking a seat on an open chair looking rather upset. 

"You okay Mads?" Gilinsky asks not taking his eyes off the screen where he and Carter were playing 2k15.

"Fine," she huffed taking out her phone as she harshly started typing something. "UHHH" she groaned after a few minutes. 

"You sound real fine," Gilinsky smirks. "KNow what the real problem?" He asks his voice softening.

"Where's Katie Ray from?" She blurts as if she's been wanting to ask since she came down here.

"Why?" Johnson cuts in before Gilinsky could answer. 

"Because..." She fades out but recovers quickly. "How can she be Shawn's little sister if none of us have heard of her?" She asks acting as if she covered it up enough.

"she went to boarding school in London so I guess they were never that close," Carter said shrugging the question off focusing his attention back on the game. 

"Huh," Maddie says looking back to her phone before I here a video start playing softly. 

"Welcome to the National Championships of Gymnastics UK." The blonde lady's voice says.  "Today I am joined by many of the best gymnasts in the country competing for a spot on team UK to train with the Olympic team and most likely compete in the next Olympic trials." Before I know it I'm out of my seat and by Maddie's side watching the video unfold the same way I watched in it the hotel room. Cameron was standing by my side watching intensely. Her hands flung over her head... she starts running... handspring... vault... flips...land. I closed my eyes not looking after that as I hear Maddie scream. Gilinsky and Carter were out of their seats running for Maddie to see what was wrong. 

"I have to go," Maddie says booking it up the stairs heading for Katie's room.  

(Katie's POV)

I see myself start to run... a front handspring I landed perfectly... push off the vault... two double toes touch flips... the snap. I see myself look down before falling over. I closed my computer and look in the mirror. My hair was much blonder in the video and I'm skinnier now too. My eyes have changed see they are much darker and my skin is definitely golden compared to how white I had been back then. I was a completely different person. 

I dig through my suitcase looking for a gym outfit. I grab it and my old shoes from the 10-grade and tossed my hair into a tight bun before looking in the mirror. 

"Katie," Maddie exclaims running towards me looking as if she had been crying. 

"Maddie are you okay?" I ask as she practically falls on my bed. 

"I didn't know," she sobs. 

"About what?" I ask truly confused. 

"About your knee," she cries leaving a mascara stain on my pillow. 

"Its okay, I'm fine," I say picking up her head and pulling her in for a hug. 

"What are you wearing," she asks looking at my leotard and gym shoes.

"I was gonna vault," I saw getting excited thinking about it. 

"You're gonna try?" She asks as I sheepishly nod my head. 

"But the guys can't know," I ask knowing that if the guys found out they'd ask why now or if they could come and I was not ready to answer those questions.

"Let's go," she says grabbing my dance back and running out of the room.

"We're going out," she yells as we run down the stairs. 

"Where?" Cam asks popping his head out of the kitchen. 

"Starbuck," 

"McDonalds"

We answer at the same time. 

"Bye," Maddie yells running off the down leaving a confused Cameron standing in the kitchen. The drive was mostly silent while Maddie drove us to a small gym that seemed to be empty from the looks of the parking lot. 

"You ready?" She asks looking at me like I might break at any moment. 

"Ready" 

(Cameron's POV)

"BYEEEEE," Maddie yells running out the door. 

"Hey Shawn," I say walking into the living room where all the guys are now hanging out. 

"Yeah," he says looking up from his phone. 

"The girl just left acting really weird, do you maybe want to follow them?" I ask knowing it sounds stupid. 

"That's invading their privacy," Matt jumps in. 

"But they could be going to hang out with boys," Taylor buts in. In the blink of an eye, all the guys were pilled in Shawn's jeep. 

"A gym?" Taylor says as if we followed them for nothing. When we walk in the whole place was empty other than a girl on the far side of the gym. 

"Katie?" Shawn says in almost a whisper. She was lined up with the vault just like in the video. 

She tosses her hands above her head before she starts running, faster and faster. She drops into a handspring and lands it perfectly before jumping hands to the vault and launching off it into two crazy flips before starting her landing...