Chapter 8

(Katie's POV) 

I woke up the next morning to Liyah's alarm clock blaring some stupid American rock song.

Uuuugggg, I mentally groaned as I looked at the alarm clock seeing the red lights telling me it was one in the morning. I slowly got out of best and showered quickly singing to 'Somebody to You' by the Vamps. I tossed on a black romper with blueish green Aztec print on the bottom half and tossed my hair into a messy bun using like four hair ties and a million bobby pins to keep it in place. I decided on no makeup cause, to be honest, I really don't like any of these guys, even as friends. I'm only moving out there to get more time with Shawn and Liyah before I head home. 

"Yo tutor lets go," someone shouts from downstairs. The guys must have come by to pick us up.

"One second' I say struggling to drag my small suitcase down the stairs. Eventually, I just tossed in down it's not likes there's anything breakable in there anyways. 

"Why was your bag upstairs anyway?" the Asian asked.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked not fully understanding the question 

"Why'd  you bring your bag upstairs when you got here this morning?" he asked. That's right this isn't my house!

"Uh..." I couldn't think of anything.

"I had some stuff I couldn't fit in my suitcase so I asked Katie if I could put them in hers," Aaliyah said calmly as she walked down the steps dragging a huge suitcase behind her. Winking as she walked past me. 

"Okay," he said waving his hands it the air signaling defeat as he took both our bags and loaded them into the Shawn's jeep. 

We all piled into Shawn's jeep and some people went with Cameron for the ride to the airport.

"I forgot to ask earlier but whats a Magcon?" I asked.

"Shawn is she for real?" Bandana Boy asked completely judging me by the sound of his voice.

"Sadly," Shawn responded still focused on the road.

"I've lived in London my whole life can you blame me?" I said.

"Yes because everyone should know what Magcon is," He laughed 

"So then what is Magcon?" I asked just wanting someone to answer my question.

"Honestly," Liyah said, "It's these ten weirdos jumping around a stage four like four hours and then going to take pictures with fans for another four," Liyah said rolling her eyes at who fun she made it sound. 

"Wow that sounds like fun," I laughed as we pulled into the airport's long-term parking lot.

After was checked in and went through security and all that stuff Liyah, Shawn and I went to the small Tim Horton's they had in the airport.

"So rules," Shawn says as we start walking back to our gate.

"Rules?"Liyah questions.

"Katie, no dating ANY of the guys," he says as if I'd want to date any of the guys. Liyah and I start laughing so hard I almost spilled my green tea. 

"Why would I want to date any of your friends?" I managed to ask after gaining a little bit of composer.

"Um. Okay then moving on," he says with an unreadable look on his face. 

"Please don't go anywhere without at least two of us guys and no wondering off by yourselves. Do you think you can handle that?" He asked looking back and forth between Aaliyah and I.

"Yeah," we both mumble. 

On the plane, I sat in an aisle seat with Liyah in the middle and Shawn by the window. Across the aisle was Blondie in the aisle and Eyebrows by the window. 

"Rock paper scissors?" Blondie asked pulling out one of my headphones about ten minutes into the flight.

"You're so on," I smirk.

One hundred rounds of rock paper scissors later 

"How did you win again?" I complained throwing my head back in angry as he laughed it off.

"Okay new game," he says.

"Okay, what game?" I asked as he thinks for a second.

"Twenty questions?" he asked. It couldn't hurt. 

"Okay, 20 questions," 

"Name?" he asks like he doesn't already know it.

"Katie Ray" I respond.

"No your full name," 

"That is my full name," even though it's not when I went away I starting using Ray as my last name even though it's really my middle name since Mendes is my real last name.

"Whats your middle name?" he gives me a doubtful look.

"No middle name, my parents couldn't decide so they didn't give me one," I said saying the first excuse that came to my mind.

"Fine, favorite color?"

"Green, favorite flavored ice cream?" 

"Rocky Road, favored one of Shawn's friends so far?" He asked with a devialish look in his eyes. "It better be me," he added. 

"Definitely you," I said sarcastically. "Coffee or hot chocolate?" I asked.

"Hot chocolate, if you could meet any celebrity who would it be?"

"JAMES ARTHUR," I said a little louder than needed.

"Why?" 

"His lyrics are so deep and he just seems like a really wise person,"

"I know him," Blondie said with a look of pride on his face 

 "No way," there was no way I believed him. "Picture or it didn't happen," I said as he started scrolling through his phone.

"Picture," he smirked passing his phone across the aisle. No way, pulled up was a picture of Blondie, Eyebrows, and The James Arthur. "I'll call him up and maybe by the time you leave he'll be in town and you can meet him," 

"For real?" I questioned.

"For real," he nodded 

"You are definitely my favorite one of Shawn's friends now," I laughed 

"Favorite candy?" 

"It's my turn to ask a question but I love starburst," I exclaimed.

"Same as Cam," he adds.

'Who?" I ask

"Cameron," he states again as I give him a blank stare. "Dallas," I slowly shake my head. "he's one of Shawn's friends... he's on the plane with us right now like three rows up," he looked at me wide eyed.

"I still have no clue who you're talking about," I laughed. 

"Wait, whats my name?" he asked.

"Blondie," I responded before he burst out laughing. 

"Do you know any of our names?" He asked with a look of amusement on his face.

"Of course I do," I said knowing that I didn't know anyone their names. 

"Prove it,"

"Blue Eyes, Eyebrows, Bandana Boy, The Asian who can't work a TV, Baby Blue Eyes, Curly, Blondie, Shawn, and the other two," I stated proudly as he stared at me with a look of pure happiness on his face. 

"Honestly that's the greatest thing I've heard all day," he said before laughing so hard his face almost went purple. I rolled my eyes and plugged my headphones and slowly drifted asleep.