Chapter 6

(Katie's POV) 

"I'll make popcorn," I said after a pause so long they probably thought I'd already left. 

"Liyah," I shouted up the stairs on my way to the kitchen.

"Yeah," she said as she ran down the stairs swiftly skipping each other step.

"Do you want to watch a movie with Shawn and the guys?" I asked her hoping she would say yes. 

"Sure what are we watching?" She asked seemingly happy just to be invited to hang out with us.

"Um... I don't know, you could go asked Shawn," I told her mostly because I'm dying to know.

"And ask him how much popcorn to make," I yelled after her. Liyah never came back up so I ended up just making like six or seven bags. I walking down the stairs not dropping a single bag of popcorn or any of the bowls which in my mind is an accomplishment. 

"Hey, Tutor ya wanna sit by me?" Eyebrows asked in a cocky tone that really pissed me off. 

"Not even in your dreams Eyebrows," I shot him a look that could kill.

"Do I get a cool nickname?" the blonde one sitting next to Eyebrows asked.

"I wouldn't consider 'Eyebrows' a cool nickname," I smirked 

"Huh, don't flatter yourself, Tutor," he said as I sat down in between Shawn and Aaliyah. He looked really shocked when I didn't sit by him. 

"What are we watching?" I asked the Asian kid messing with the Netflix.

"At this point, nothing cause Shawn's internet is so bad," he said playing it off like it was nothing but even I could tell it was bugging him.  

"Well, I guess I'm leaving then," I said trying to get up to my room before they left so I wouldn't have to sneak in my window or something. 

"Off to get another green iced tea?" Eyebrows asked as I stood up.

"Maybe I will," I launched back.

"Tim Horton's won't be open, but there's an ice cream  shop a few blocks down that should still be open." A boy with incredible blue eyes informed me. 

"That's great cause I'm really in the mood for ice cream," I smirked getting out of my seat. "Hey Blue Eyes," I said waiting for him to look up. " Ya coming," I smirked at the smile on his face when he popped out of his chair to follow me upstairs. As we walk up the stairs I hear Blondie yell, "Everyone gets a nickname but me," 

I grabbed my 'I Love London' penny board from the closet along with what looked like one of Shawn's old ones, but it might have been Aaliyah's. 

"Can you ride?" I asked as pulled the penny boards out.

"Yeah pretty well," He said quietly, shyer than before. We rode in silence for about two blocks before he finally spoke up.

"You're not really Liyah's tutor are you?" He asked sounding quite sure that he was right.

"What makes you say that?" I asked holding my breath as I waited for him to speak again. 

"What kind of tutor stays till after midnight and then comes back the next day before breakfast, who also comes back later that day letting herself in and yelling like she doesn't care who's home?" He said with a blazing look in his eyes, he knew he was right I could see it in his eyes.

"Me, I'm the type of tutor that stays until midnight and comes back before breakfast," I paused my lungs grasping the cold night air. "I'm the type of tutor who will walk into your house without knocking cause that the type of tutor I am and truly it doesn't matter what you think cause I'm not your tutor," I ended up raising my voice more than I intended to. He stayed silent for a while looking up at the stars, his blue eyes stood out even more at night.

"Do you wear contacts?" I asked without even noticing the words had even come out of my mouth.

"No," he kind of laughed as if he got that question alot. "I get them from my dad, so does Hayes," 

"Hayes?" I questioned as if I should have known who this 'Hayes' is.

"My brother," he responding as if something should be clicking for me soon and I'll have some light bulb moment. "You met him in Shawn's basement?" He said like it was a question. "Nothing?" He asked 

"Nope," I said popping the 'p' as I gave my penny board another push. 

"He's youtube famous?" He said as I shook my head still having no idea who he was talking about. "Have you been living under a rock for the past five years?" He asked sarcastically.

"Something like that," I said quietly as I jumped off my board and ran into the small ice cream shop on the corner of the block.

"Can I have a small chocolate shake please?" I asked practically jumping out of my skin. The boarding school I went to back in London was really strict on what we ate so we didn't get a lot of jump snack foods. 

"And I'll have a small cup of mint ice cream," Blue eyes said behind me before handing the cashier 10 dollars and grabbing our icecreams. After sitting silently on an old park bench outside of ice cream shop I decided to talk.

"Thanks," I said so quietly that I could barely hear myself. "For the ice cream," I added quickly.

"No problem, you got me out of video games with those losers," He said laughing lightly before looking back up at the stars. "What was London like?" he asked without looking at me. Did he know? Could Shawn have told him? He wouldn't. Right?