Chapter 9

(Katie's POV) 

After a long plane ride, pushing through fans to get out of the airport, and a crazy boring bus ride we finally reached a huge hotel. Like I'm talking three wings and it takes up half a block and is so tall you can barely see the top from the sidewalk. 

"You, Liyah, and Lox are in room 1219," Shawn said handing Aaliyah and I each our own room key.

"Who's Lox?" I asked 

"You'll love her," Liyah beams. "She is so nice and crazy pretty," Liyah says her eyes glowing as she talked. 

"Is she already here?" I asked Shawn.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure she flew in earlier today from LA," he says not looking up from the paper in his hand. 

"Then why are we still standing here?" Liyah exclaimed grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the elevator. Shawn said, Bart, whoever he is had booked the whole floor because last time too many people complained about the noise. Liyah ran ahead of me getting to the room first and yelling "LOX" as she swung the door open.

"Mini Mendes!" A gorgeous red-headed girl exclaimed.  "Whoa, Shawn got a girlfriend," she said looking at me in shock. 

"No gross that's Katie shes my-"

"Tutor," I cut Liyah off knowing she was gonna say sister.

"Shawn let you bring your 'tutor' with?" Lox said looking at Liyah. 

"Yup," we both said a little too quickly.

"That's cool, besides you're way too pretty for Shawn anyways," she laughed and went back to unpacking her bags as relief washed over my face. Suddenly I heard glass shattering in the room next room.

"Huh, the guys must be here," Lox said putting on a pair of cat ears that most people would only wear for Halloween, but weirdly she pulled it off.

"LOX" someone screamed from the other room. She rolled her eyes as we all got up and headed to the other room.

"What," she says as we walk in the room to see Blue Eyes and The Tall One with brown hair holding Baby Blue Eyes by his arms and legs throwing him on the bed which is missing a mattress. He landed on Eyebrows who pushed him onto the floor without a second thought.

"Now Eyebrows what that the nice thing to do?" I asked through my laughs.

"Yeah," Baby Blue Eyes yelled from the ground as Eyebrows rolled his eyes and went back to looking at his phone.

"You know she doesn't know your name right?" Blondie said skeptically.

"Of course she knows my name dimwit," Eyebrows scuffs and looks at me as I shake my head. 

"You for real don't know my name?" He asked.

Of course, I do, its Eyebrows," I said smiling 

"Whats his name?" He asked pointing at the kid in the corner.

"That's Curly," I reply 

"Why Curly?" Curly asked.

"Cause of your hair duh," I respond.

"Maybe you guys should introduce yourselves," Shawn said still laughing at my dumb nicknames. 

"I'm Jack," Blondie stated 

"Nash,"

"Hayes," 

"Carter,"

"Aaron,"

"Cameron,"

"Matt,"

"Taylor,"

"Jack"

"Two Jacks?" I questioned when they were all done.

"Yup, but you can call me Babe, or Honey, Mine, but ya know the choice is yours," Eyebrows winked at me. 

"Or you can call us by our last names, Johnson and Gilinsky," Blondie said rolling his eyes at Gilinsky's lack of maturity.

"Well I'm gonna go get Starburst from a gas station door the street," I said starting to wall out the door before I yelled back "Cameron, wanna come?"

"Definitely," he said popping out of his seat, grabbing a hoodie and heading out the door with me. 

"So London tell me about yourself," he said after we got in the elevator. 

"Not much to tell," I responded dryly.

"Why London?" he asked 

"It the time I moved I just wanted to be far away, so I jumped on the first flight I could find," 

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen, almost a year younger than Shawn, how old are you?"

"About a month older than Shawn, my birthdays in September," he said as the elevator doors opened.

"Why'd you want to leave," he asked.

"Honestly I have no idea," I said just hoping he'd drop it at that.

"Have you found a reason to stay?" He asked holding his breath like he was nervous.

"Not yet, but I'm working on it," I said softly. Did I really want to stay? No, no I don't I want to go home, London. 

"Are you really looking?" he asked looking directly at me.

"Maybe I don't want to see it," I said quietly as we walked in silence the rest of the way to the gas station. I grabbed a bag of starburst and tossed it at Cam grabbing another bag for myself. The walk back to the hotel was silent until we stopped in front of my door. 

"Thanks for walking with me," I said suddenly trying to break the uneasy silence that was eating away at me. 

"No problem," he said as he stuck his key in the sensor on his door. "I hope you find what you're looking for," he said softly before disappearing into the guy's room as I  stood in the hallway in shock. 

Was I really looking for a reason to stay or a reason not to come back? Closure? 

(Johnson's POV) 

As Cameron walked into the room Shawn tensed up watching Cam's every move as he walked over to the bed pulling a bag of starburst out of his pocket. 

"Well," Gilinsky said finally breaking the silence of everyone staring at Cam.

"What?" Cam asked being his clueless self.

"What happened?" Gilinsky said as if it wasn't obvious.

"We walked to the gas station in silence and then walked back in silence, it was probably the most quiet  I'll have for the next two days," he answered rolling his eyes.

I pulled my laptop out of my carry on and started zoning out of whatever the guys were talking about. 

'Katie Ray MIS' I entered in the search bar. Would I want her to google searching me? Whatever, I thought as I pressed down on the enter key alot harder than needed. 

Whoa...