Chapter 1

(Katie's POV)

"Flight 304 to Pickering, Canada is now boarding at gate 34B" the large stiff voice called over the speakers as I grabbed my 300 pound carry on and slung it over my shoulder. I dragged myself into the line of like a hundred people trying to get on the plane. 

"Ticket please," said the flight attendant who was wearing way too much makeup on her face smile. I handed her my ticket and silently waiting for it to be returned. "Have a nice flight" she smirked. I walked down the long hallway into the plane before I finally sat down in the very back. The plane was smaller then I thought it would be, considering a number of people in line. I played with my fingers trying to calm myself down, but my mind was everywhere. I haven't seen or talked to my family in 10 years, I mean other than a birthday card every year or two we haven't said a word since I got on that plane. Are they gonna know it's me? Will Aaliyah even remember me? She was only 3 or 4 when I left. I tried to push all these thoughts out of my head yet somehow none of them left. As I looked out my window I could see the snow-coated grounds of Canada. I haven't come home in 10 years and now I don't know if I want to be home. Now I know what you're thinking, what about holidays, spring break, summer vacations? Well, they were spent with Liam's family. We went to Chessington World (A theme park in London) when we were eight, his family's cabin for almost every summer, and when we were sixteen for spring break his parents even took us to the Bahamas. 

"Three minutes till landing, please keep your seatbelts on until we have completely stopped. Thank you and have a nice trip to Pickerington." The voice on the speakers sounded dull and unimpressed. I grabbed my carry on and run past everyone in the plane. People probably thought I had another flight to catch. I waited by a baggage claim and almost called an Uber since I just realized I have no way of getting home.  Home, I don't even know where home is. What if they moved? They would have told me right? Honestly probably not. I sat down not having a clue what to do next, and it looked like I only had one option. I slowly punched in the ten digit number in my phone and waited while it ringed slowly...

(Shawn's POV)

"I'll have an iced green tea and a chocolate chip muffin please," I said to the guy working at Tim Horton's. As I grab my tea from the stand my phone starts no vibrate in my pocket. Caller ID unknown?  I finally answered the phone after debating on if it was a fan or not.

"Hello," said a small shy voice on the other end.

"Um... Hey, who is this?" I asked praying that it wasn't a fan.

"Um... It's Katie" The girl on the other end said slowly like she was bracing for impact. "And I'm back" the voice went silent for a few moments as if she's waiting for me to respond. But I don't know what to say. What would you say to your little sister who you loved, then she left, not a phone call in ten years and then out of nowhere shes home.

"Where are you now?" I asked after not saying anything for the longest time I wasn't sure if she was still there. 

"The airport, would you mind coming to get me..." She faded out towards the end of her sentence, but I still knew what she said. 

"Yes... I mean no... ah..um... Whatever I'm on my way." I finally said giving up. I heard her giggle on the other end, I missed her 

"Thanks, I'll see ya soon," she said quietly, clearly not knowing what to say next. 

" See ya soon Katie Ray," I said as the line went dead. I raced out of the Tim Horton's parking lot and towards the airport. What was I gonna say to her? What did she look like? The last time I saw her I must have been around eight and her seven... maybe. She was a really skinny kid, pretty short too.  Her messy brown hair went almost to butt and her arms were too long for the rest of her body. As I pulled into the I can't shake the fact that she's back. 

I walked into the airport which was crowded with so many people I didn't know where to look. Then I saw her...

(Katie's POV)

Shawn should be here by now? Katie, calm down I thought to my self as I spun it another circle looking for Shawn.  He's here, he's really here. I started walking towards him slowly, but my pace continued to speed up with every step a take until he sees me and I can't hold it in anymore. I dropped my bags and ran into his arms. 

"I missed you," I said softly into his shirt not sure if he could hear me, but at this point I didn't care.

"I missed you too," he said.