Chapter 19

(Katie's POV)

Last night is all a blur. I remember seeing the Jacks playing beer pong and making out with Nash. I remember Luke pushing me into the pool and him pouring us multi-colored shots into tiny glasses and then everything goes black. I try to replay last night's events in my head but it hurts too much to think or even open my eyes for that matter. 

"I think she's asleep," an unknown voice says. 

"No shit genius," Another voice says quietly. 

"Don't wake her," I hear Luke say in the distance, maybe from the kitchen. 

"Don't want us to disturb your little girlfriend?" One of the voices asked. 

"She's not my girlfriend," Luke shot back so hard I could practically hear him roll his eyes.  

"Yeah she's mine so lay off," Gilinsky says from wherever Luke is. I bite my lip trying to hold back a laugh, but it came out anyway. 

"I think she's away," a voice laughs. 

"No shit really?" The other one laughs back. 

"Morning," I say opening my eyes to see three guys. The first guy had no shirt on and let me tell you he could rock the just sweatpants look. The second had glasses and was scrawny. He looked like someone who would sit next to you on the first day of biology or calculus. The third was sitting in a chair on the far side of the room with one earbud in on his phone if he noticed I woke up he didn't show it. 

"Good morning," a voice sang loudly from the front door as a girl walked in. She was beautiful, like drop dead gorgeous. Her brown hair went about half ways down her back curling up at the ends. She wore a black skater skirt with a loose white tank top tucked in,  she had adorable black heals that were strappy in the front. She was perfect. "I brought Starbucks," she sings carrying in trays of drinks from the porch.

"Thanks, Mads," Luke says grabbing a coffee for himself and a green tea for me as he brings it over to the couch. 

"Thanks," I say taking the cold cup from Luke while watching 'Mads' hand out drinks to everyone else before she started walking towards us. 

"How'd you sleep?" Luke asks taking a sip of his plain dark coffee.

"Fine, but my head hurts like a bitch, I'm going to find some aspirin," I say as I walk in the kitchen.  

"Who are you," a perky voice says from behind me. 

"I'm Katie Ray, who are you?" I ask grabbing aspirin off the shelf. 

"I'm Madison Beer," she says making it sound like I should know how she is

"Cool," I say plopping a few aspirins into my mouth before taking a drink of my green tea to wash them down with. 

"We should go to the mall," she exclaims after a moment of silence. 

 "I'm down," Gilinsky says while taking a bowl of grapes out of the fridge. 

"I was talking to Katie," she informs him grabbing my hand and pulling me out to her car. 

"So how long have you been dating Luke?" She asks after we got in the car making me almost choke on my tea. 

"I'm not dating Luke?" I say more like a question hoping she'll tell me why she thought that. 

"Oh," she says pausing for a second to regain herself. "He told me your Starbucks order think morning... and he was sitting by you... I just figured..." she faded out not having to finish the sentence in which she was about to say. 

"I'm not allowed to date any of the guys," I say looking down. 

"Wait what," she exclaimed clearly not knowing I'm Shawn's sister. "Did two of them fight over you and they all made a deal that none of them could ask you out, or do you like more than one of them and they are desperately fighting for your love," she says only half-jokingly looking for a real answer from me. 

"I'm Shawn's little sister," I say trying to hold back a laugh. 

"Oh," she says slightly disappointed. "That makes a lot of sense," she laughs. 

"So which one are you dating?" I ask before she starts laughing so hard I think she might crash. 

"I use to date Gilinsky, but we broke up about a year ago," she paused for the awkward silence. "We're still really good friends it wasn't a messy break up its just relationships aren't really his strong point. 

"Good to know," I say my thoughts automatically going to Nash. Maybe I should ask Maddie about him. 

"Clearly you like at least one of them spill," she says this time not taking her eyes off the road as she pulled into a huge mall. Just before I was about to answer my phone starts to ring. 

"Hello," I say into the phone. 

"Is this Katie Ray?" I women's voice on the other end asks.

"That depends on who this is," I shoot back. 

"Of course, my name is Karen York. I'm the gymnastics coach for the UK regions team and we were wondering if you would like to compete with us this year in the European Nations tournament." she finishes almost out of breath. 

"That sounds like an incredible opportunity, but I don't compete anymore..." I say fading off my mind flashing to the vault. 

"So we have heard, but we are still offering you a spot on the team if you want it it's your, call me back at this number in the next ten days," she says before the line goes dead. Maddie's eyes go big clearly having heard my entire conversation. 

"Oh. My. God." She says looking like she could scream. 

"Whoa," is all I'm able to get out before she takes off.

"This is so great! Why you need to pack and get new clothes, Do you want Starbucks?" She rants as we walk into the mall yet I can't seem to get a word out. 

"I can't compete," I say my voice crackling loudly.