Chapter 2

(Katie's POV)

(In the Car)

I loaded my bags in the back seat of Shawn's black jeep before I jump in the front with him. 

"So tell me everything that has happened in the last 10 years of your life," he said sounding as curious as ever. 

"Nothing really," I lied, I left so I could get a fresh start. Did I really think I could come back and not tell them anything? "How about you? I've been gone for ten years you had to have done something?" I asked somewhat because I care, but mostly just to change the subject. 

"Nothing," he says trying to tick me off. 

"Ok," I say as I pull up my Instagram which I haven't been on in eight or nine years. Shawn Mendes, I carefully type into the search bar making sure that I don't spell anything wrong. I video of my brother and five or six other guys comes up. PLAY!!!

"Shawn Mendes has become an overnight musical sensation over the smartphone application 'Vine'.  He has been touring the U.S. and Canada with his 9 best friends and if you've seen them you can definitely tell what is so special about these ten young men." The blonde woman in the corner of the screen said as a video of Shawn playing the guitar came on the screen. 

"Singing, being an overnight sensation, and traveling the country," I said playfully "Yeah you've definitely been doing nothing" I smiled at him.  He rolled his eyes and smiled, not saying anything about it. 

"Why are you back?" he asked. His question hit me like a brick, a lot of bricks. The truth is I have no clue. My life was going perfect in London. My grades were good, Liam was there, I wasn't homesick. Maybe things were going to perfect that I needed a change. Maybe, maybe I don't know...

"To be honest I'm not quite sure yet." I gave him a small smile. "I mean I really don't have a reason for being back and I don't really know why I wanted to come back. It was kind of a last minute decision. I switched to online school bought a plane ticket, Liam helped me pack my bags and I got on a plane." 

"Liam the boyfriend?" Shawn asked protectively. 

"Liam the best friend" I replied with a smile. 

"Sure," Shawn said wiggling his eyebrows with a hint of sarcasm in his voice 

" Shawn," I said in my most serious voice. "Liams gay." I burst out laughing at Shawn's face.  Shawn started laughing with me as we pulled up to a pretty big house. I got out of my car and Shawn helped me with my bags. I didn't have that much just a duffel bag and small suitcase. My duffel bag was red and black and said RAY MIS Track and Field on the side. I used Ray as my last name when I left and looking back now I don't even know why I did it. But then again I was only seven so I don't know what I was thinking when I wanted to move overseas by myself. MIS stands for Marymount International School, London. 

" Mom" Shawn yelled as we entered the house. As she came around the corner she looked different than I remembered. Her hair was cut short almost like a bob and she looked shorter in general. But other then that should just looked older, tired, but mostly older. 

"Hi mom," I said softly not sure how to break the awkward silence and stares. She looked happy to see me which was not what I expected. She came and hugged me, told me how much she missed me and all that mushy love stuff. 

I tried to talk but I didn't know what to say cause the truth is I didn't miss them that much. I tried to say I love you while she hugged me, but I think it came out more like olive juice. Maybe this could be my fresh start, no one here really knows me because I've been so MIA for the past ten years. Ok, this is it a thought a fresh start. 

"I have to get going I'm meeting a client for dinner. Aaliyah is upstairs. Katie, we'll talk when I get home I promise." Mom said as she hugged me and then walked out the door. 

"Ding Ding" a cheerful chime plays throughout the house.

(Shawn's POV) 

I walked out of the kitchen to out the door when I remembered that the guys were supposed to come over. They can't meet Katie, not yet anyway. I just got her back and I need to talk to her about tour and Magcon before she meets the guys. I ran back to the kitchen and grabbed Katie hand and pulled her upstairs. Her small suitcase was flopping on the stepped behind us. 

"What the hell Shawn?" She said when we reached the top of the steps.

"Pease just stay upstairs for tonight," I begged her. "Hangout with Aaliyah, you haven't seen her since she was like three." 

"Fine," She said hesitantly 

"THAT'S FINE I'LL JUST LET MYSELF IN," Cameron yelled from downstairs. Katie gave me a questioning look before walking into her room.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," she said as she walked in the door. I ran downstairs just as Nash, Hayes, and the rest of the guys were walking into my house. 

"Please just let yourselves in," I said sarcastically.

"Well I knocked for like ten minutes before I decided to use the hidden key," Cameron said in a know it all voice.

"How do you know where the key is, actually I don't want to know." I rolled my eyes and grabbed some popcorn from Shawn. Cameron and Aaron through pizza rolls in the oven and Carter turned on his Netflix. They act like they own the place.