Chapter 16

(Katie's POV)

"Luke?" I say truly confused. 

"Oh. My.  God." Liyah says slowly from behind me. "You're Luke Hemmings" she squeals running and giving him a hug as Shawn sighs loudly. 

"This is your little sister?" Luke asks me still with Liyah's arms around his waist. I slowly nod my head still trying to see how Liyah knows Luke. 

"So not to be mean but why are you in Shawn's house?" I ask.

"Do you really not know who he is?" Johnson asks in shock.

"Uh yeah Starbucks Boy," I smile.

"Enough with the dumb nicknames," Gilinsky laughs. " You really don't have any idea who he is?" Gilinsky says practically dying. I shake my head trying to figure out what I'm missing. 

"I guess I should introduce myself," Luke smirks walking towards me. "I'm Luke Hemming. lead singer of Five Seconds Of Summer," I shake his hand. 

"Katie Ray. I'm Shawn's little sister," I say. "Whos Five Seconds Of Summer?" I ask after introductions. Gilinksy laughs at Luke. 

"She didn't know who you were either asshole," Nash smirks and Gilinsky shuts up. 

"How do you not know who they are, you wear a Five Seconds Of Summer shirt yesterday?" Johnson asks. 

"That was my shirt!" Liyah jumps in. "OMG, will you sign it for me?" Lyiah asks jumping around looking for her suitcase.

"Sure thing kid," Luke says flashing an award-winning smile that could make any girl melt.

"This room is huge," I say after Shawn takes me upstairs to see my room. 

"You have to share with Aaliyah," he says leaning in the doorway. 

"Doesn't matter no one needs this much space anyway," I say plopping down on my bed. 

"I'm gonna go chill in my room call if you need anything," he says as he walks down the hallway. 

"K" I yell back enough though I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me. 

"I'm bored," Nash says letting himself into my room as I was in the middle of my fourth episode of Riverdale. 

"So what do you want me to do about it?" I respond hitting pause. 

"Let's go to a movie," he says grabbing my hand an pulling me off my bed.

"Does anyone want to go to a movie?" I yell when we get downstairs. After no response, we get in the rental car and start driving to the theater. We ended up seeing Paper Towns since it just came out. 

"He's so nice," I cry softly as Q gets on the bus.  Nash laughs beside me. 

"You're such a girl," Nash leans over and whispers. 

"Really?!? I had no clue," I saw sarcastically getting right in his face. 

"Katie..." he fades out his eyes flash at my lips as he leans closer, moving closer in his chair until I can feel the heat coming off of his body. 

26 Days 

The thought flashes in my head as I turn back to the screen before I even know what I'm doing. I feel Nash looking at me confused as he straightens up in his chair as turns back to the screen. 

The car ride home was silent until I couldn't take it anymore.

"Nash," I start to say. 

"I'm really sorry," He starts to say. 

"Don't be it's not your fault," I say not really knowing where I'm going with this. 

"I'm sorry I tried to kiss you," he pretty much blurts out. 

"Don't be I wanted to kiss you," I say not thinking about what just came out of my mouth. 

"So why didn't you?" Nash asks after a long awkward silence. 

"I'm only here for twenty-six more days and then I'm gone. Back to London and I have no freaking clue when I'm coming back or if I'm coming back. I mean it's clear that my parents don't care, but then there's Shawn and Liyah, I don't know if I'd be able to stay away from them after this. I promised myself that if I came back I wouldn't get attached to either of them but that already has not worked so I have absolutely no clue where I was going with that..." I say fading out as I look straightforward yet I can feel Nash' eyes on me. 

"Wow," is all he says turning his eyes back to the road before turning onto the road that the house is on. "Have you thought about staying longer?" he asks with hope in his voice. 

"Shawn has tried talking to me about it but I've been trying to avoid the subject, knowing that I'd never do it," I say not looking him in the eye. We sat in silence for the rest of the ride home. 

"Hey kid how was the movie," Shawn says as I walk into the living room where it appears that Luke is kicking Cameron's ass at 2K15. 

"Great, but I'm kind of tired do you mind if I go to bed," I ask trying to get out of there before Nash comes in.

"Sure night kid," Shawn says kissing my forehead before looking back down at his computer. "Oh Hey," he yells as I'm exiting the room. on Saturday the guys and I were thinking of having a housewarming party, you in?" 

"Sounds great," I exclaim walking up the stairs which seem to get longer every time I go up them. I shower quick and toss on spandex and a PINK sports bra before jumping into my brand new bed which was peach, with white throw pillows with silver accents which smeel like Gordmans before falling asleep quickly thinking of the party this weekend. (Its Thursday)