And After That, We Didn't Talk { part one } | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 1222

Homecoming was coming up, and once again,  you didn't have a date. It really didn't bother you, though, as you were planning not to go anyways. "Hey ____" You looked from your locker to see Ned rushing up towards you with a big smile on his face. "Hey, Ned. What's up?" You closed the locker door shut and leaned on it. "You know Homecoming is coming up, right?"

You sighed and laid your head back on the locker. "Yeah, I know." You stated. "This is your chance to ask Peter. I mean, what could go wrong?" Ned is an observant person when it comes to you. He knew you liked Peter for a while but just never said anything until you were ready to say something. "Ummm, let's see...." Putting your finger on your chin, tapping trying to make it seem like you were thinking.

"Hey, maybe Peter finally gets the guts to talk to Liz and ask her out for homecoming." You said with a shoulder shrug. "Yeah, right. Peter could only dream of that." Ned said. "HEY GUYS, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME!" You heard Peter say as he rushed up towards the both of you. He stopped and rested his arm on Ned's shoulder.

"What, did you ask Liz out?" Ned said with a laugh. "Actually, I did." Ned stopped laughing. "And she said yes." Ned looked at you with sorrow in his eyes. "I'm sorry Ned, What were you saying earlier?" You said as you crossed your arms and tilted your head, staring at Ned. Peter looked confused as he stared between the both of you. "What's going on?" Peter asked. "Nothing Pete... I have to get going. See you guys later." Upset isn't the word you would use of how you were feeling right now. You couldn't believe that he actually asked Liz out.....and she said yes.

"What was that about?" Ned shook his head at his oblivious friend. "Nothing, dude, let's just get to class." Ned thought it was so apparent that you liked Peter. He didn't believe that Peter was too blind to see, but he guessed he was. Ned and Peter were in Chemistry; Ned was getting annoyed by all of the talking Peter was doing about Liz. "Dude," Ned said so plainly. Peter looked at Ned confusingly. "What?" Ned looked at Peter with a straight face.

"You've been talking about Liz nonstop. I understand that you like her, and the both of you are finally going out; I'm happy for you, but just shut up about it." Ned could tell that Peter was upset about what he just said. "Okay, what's going on. First, ____ seemed upset, and now you are too? Are you guys not happy for me?" Ned sighed; he felt terrible about how he carried the situation.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just - there's just something you need to know." Peter looked at Ned for him to continue. "But I can't tell you." Peter's face went straight. "Why bring it up if you can't tell me?" Ned let out a big sigh and put his hands over his face. "____ is going to kill me," Ned mumbled. "____? What about her?" Ned looked over at Peter. "____ likes you." Peter's eyes went wide. "S - she what?"

You were currently in English with Michelle. Your original teacher was not there, so you had a sub. The sub obviously didn't care what you all did, so everyone was chatting. Michelle always has her head in a book, so it felt like she was never listening. You sighed, trying to get a response from her, but nothing happened.

You sighed again and again until she finally gave up. "Okay ____, what's wrong." She said as she laid her book on the table. "Okay, so - " Michelle cut you off, "Wow, fascinating, cool story." She said as she picked up her book. "Michelle." You whined. She sighed heavily. "Okay, Okay, tell me about your wonderful story." She said as she rested her chin in the palm of her hands.

"Peter's got a date." You mumbled. "And?" Michelle said. You took in a deep breath and looked down at the table. "And it's Liz." You whispered. It was quiet for a moment. "That little fu - " "Michelle, it's okay. I mean, I guess it was not meant to be." Michelle shook her head. "No ____ it's not okay. Peter is so oblivious. Was it not obvious that you liked him." You just shrugged your shoulders.

"I'm going to give that boy a piece of my mind." You shook your head at Michelle. She's a quiet girl; just don't get her mad. The bell rang, signaling that it was time for lunch. All four of you had lunch together, and usually, you all would meet up by your locker. But once the both of you got there, it was only Ned standing there.

"Ned? Where's Peter?" You questioned. "Yeah, where's the little shit at," Michelle said. Ned looked a little nervous as he held onto his backpack straps. "He - Uh - Liz wanted him to eat lunch with her." You looked at him weirdly. "Why would he -" "Are you guys hungry because I am starving? Let's go get lunch." Ned said as he cut you off, going inside the cafeteria.

"Okay? That wasn't weird at all." You said, following behind him. Now you weren't going to be all sad because Peter has a date. He's still your friend, no matter what. The three of you were in line, and you saw Peter ahead of you by two people. "Peter!" You called out, getting his attention. He looked back, and his eyes went wide. He turned back around and moved ahead.

You turned to look at Ned. "Ned?" You questioned him. "I don't know." He said with a shoulder shrug. You shook your head, getting your food going to the table that you all usually sit at. You told Peter just a few feet from you. "Hey guys, I'm going to go talk to Peter real quick." You said as you set your foot down and walked over towards Peter. "Hey, Pete!" You called out.

He looked over at you, then at Liz. He was sitting at a table with Liz, and all of her friends, which you found was weird. "Pete, what's going on. Why are you not sitting at the table with us?" You asked. Peter looked over at Liz the at you. "Look, ____, I don't want things to be awkward around us." You looked at him confusingly. "What are you talking about, Peter?"

"Oh, come on ____, don't play stupid." You had no clue as to what he was talking about. "Peter, I have no clue what you are talking about." You said. "YOU LIKE ME, AND I DO NOT LIKE YOU, OKAY!" You looked around and felt all of the attention on you. "I - I" You were lost for words, embarrassed, humiliated. "I'm sorry." You whispered as you walked away from him and walked out of the cafeteria. You didn't think that Peter could be so cruel, so rude. Now all you wanted to do was to go home.

Comment and Vote Please!