Confidently Lost | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 798

Stuck, he was supposed to be meeting Ned at his apartment to watch Star Wars and eat pizza like usual, but once he saw the most beautiful girl in Starbucks, he was lost for words. As he was looking through the window, he couldn't believe his eyes. You were sitting at a table with your laptop watching something on it, next to what he assumed was your mum. You smiled. Once he saw your smile, he thought he never saw a smile so beautiful before.

He silently cursed at himself for looking like a creep, watching you from the window. That was the old Peter, the new Peter has more ball and would ask her for her name, or so he thought. Without even realizing his legs moved into the coffee shop and walked up towards the counter.

"And what will you have today?" The lady asked with her black lipstick on her lips along with her eyebrow piercing. Peter quickly scanned the menu.

"Uhh...Can I have a Mocha latte with extra cream and a...Uh - Lemon Tea?" He said in more of a question form than a statement. The lady rang it up and told him the price. He reached in his back pocket to grab his wallet and gave her the money. Then, he turned around to look back over at you. He was caught in a daze and need to snap out of it, but he couldn't. He never felt this way with anyone before. Even with Liz, she was just something that really wasn't meant to last long.

"Kid!?" Peter's head quickly snapped around.

"Sorry? What?" He said apologetically. She looked at him with a blank stare. "I asked for your name for the order." She replied. "Oh - Uhh, Peter Parker." He said. The lady shook her head and went back to take more orders from other people. Peter moved towards the side, and suddenly his phone buzzed.

Dude, what's taking you so long?

                                     ~ Ned

Sorry I had to take a detour and don't complain. It's not like you're missing anything; it's all on DVD.

                                 ~ P. Parker

Well, dude, I was hoping that I could watch the movie soon.......

                               ~ Ned

All you want to do is watch Princess Leia.

~ P. Parker

Peter laughed at his friend and put his phone in his pocket. He thought since he was holding Ned up, he should get him something else. He walked back over towards the counter and ordered four chocolate chunk chip cookies. After he called them, he felt his phone buzz, and he looked at it and saw that Ned texted back.

Whatever just hurry up.

~ Ned

"Your friend is a big Princess Leia fan, huh?" Peter jumped and turned around to face you,?Your eye widened. "Gosh, I'm an idiot - sorry I - I didn't mean to read your messages. That was so rude of me." So you said as you felt your face get hot. Peter was in a little trans as you were talking but soon realized that you stopped talking and spoke up. "No, it's okay, and yeah, he is." So soon as the two of you got engaged in a conversation, the lady called him for his orders.

"You're Peter?" She stated more than questioned. "Yeah, that's me." He said as he grabbed the two coffees and four cookies. He turned back to you, and then you realized that you should let him leave. "I should let you go, Peter Parker." You stated as you looked at his cup more. He was a little disappointed that he couldn't keep talking to you, but he had a plan. "I - I mean, you could always e-mail or g-mail me, you know." He stated.

You shook your head at him. "I'll keep that in mind, Peter Parker." You said as you walked away. He walked out of the coffee shop and started walking home. He was excited that he had finally talked to a girl without making a fool of himself. He was very confident in himself, but he was also lost at how beautiful you were. He couldn't believe that a beautiful girl like you would even talk to him. He hoped you wouldn't forget about you e-mailing him since he didn't get your name, which he was pissed about. But he was more happy than pissed; nothing could bring him down.

Comment and Vote Please!