Teenage Fantasy { part one } | Tom Holland

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 631

You and Tom had known each other since you were little because he is 4 years older than you. When You first met him, you thought he was cute, and You were only five at the time. As you both got older, you guess you could say that the both of you grew apart, but that was only because he wanted to pursue his career of being an actor, and you didn't want to be selfish and keep him from doing that.

The both of you would always keep in touch until one day. You tried to call him, and it went straight to voicemail. You didn't think much of it. Maybe he was doing an interview or just too tired to pick up the phone. But it kept repeatedly happening until you decided that calling him is pointless and a waste of time. And you guess you were also futile and a waste of time to him also.

You could remember the time when he told you that he was leaving. He had got the role of Spider-Man.

"____, guess what?!?" Tom said, running towards you

"What, Tom?"

"I got the part as Spider-Man!!"

"OMG!!! I'm so happy for you, Tom."

You jumped on him and gave him the biggest hug ever.

"Thank you ____, but I....I have to leave first thing tomorrow morning."

Your heart broke when you heard those words. You were excited for Tom, yes, but you knew from that day you both would fall apart.

"____ I will call you every day to tell you what's happening," Tom said as I held him close to me.

I was crying; I didn't want to let him go.

"You promise," I said as I looked into his eyes

"I promise."

He got in the car and left. Even though he said that he promised he would always call me, You knew it wasn't going to happen. You knew you had kept your hopes up that he'll keep his promises up. But you guess promises are meant to be broken.

You had your phone by your side every night, hoping and wishing that he'll call. You didn't even get any sleep or even closed an eye because you thought that if you did, he would call, and you would miss it. The less rest you got, the more you looked terrible, and the more worried your mum got.

"____, angel. Are you okay? You look like you haven't gotten any rest at all." My mum said as she rested her hip on my door frame.

"I'm fine, mum, just waiting on a phone call."

My mum looked at me and sighed.

"____, I....I know you like Tom very much, angel, but this has to stop. It's unhealthy for you to stay up all night like this. Listen, angel, sometimes things aren't meant to be. Don't put your life on hold for someone who doesn't want to put the time and effort to give you at least one phone call out of the day."

"B-but mum I....I really like him." You said while sobbing

"Awww, angel. I think you like him more than you think you do." My mum said while rubbing my back.

"I think I do too."

"Well, I think you need to get some rest, okay, angel?"

"Okay."

She kissed my forehead and shut the light out while closing the door behind her.

Maybe mum is right; I shouldn't put my life on hold for someone that doesn't give me a little time out of their day to provide me with a phone call. It's time for a new start and time to forget about him and move on, or so I thought.

Comment and Vote please!