Talking To The Moon | Thomas Nickerson { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 782

Owen Coffin looked you at you like you were his sister. He watched you grow up and when he found out that your parents didn't make it home from their last sea trip, he took you in and swear on his life that he would make sure no harm gets to you.

"Owen, why can't I go out on the deck?" You questioned him as you walked up behind him.

"You know why, it's not safe." He said as he grabbed a couple of items and was heading towards the door.

"You know I get bored in here, there's no one to talk to." You explain to him.

"Well I don't care, your life is in my hands and I won't let you go out on that deck to get yourself thrown off of the boat." He said as he turned to you.

You took a step back.

"I-I don't understand?..........What's so bad about going on the deck?" You asked as you were looking for an explanation.

"Just stay in here, it's safer for you." He said as he walked out onto the deck.

You went to go take a seat near the window and looked out of the window to see the moon.

"I don't understand why he won't let me out of the stateroom." You said as you talked to the moon like it was going to respond.

"I mean it's not like it's any safer in here than it is out there." You explained. The door opened and someone came in.

 The door opened and someone came in

"Hey." Someone behind you said. You turned around and saw Thomas behind you.

"Hey." You said with a sigh. Owen doesn't really know that you talk to Thomas and you want to keep it that way.

"What's wrong." He asked as he walked closer to you.

"It's Owen......He won't let me out of the stateroom." You said as you walked up to Thomas and laid your head down on his chest. He rubbed your head and sighed.

"It's too dangerous out there ____." Thomas explained. You picked up your head and walked away from him.

"You too?" You question as you stood by the window looking out of it.

"I don't understand stand......I am the only female on the ship and I get treated like I'm so type of refugee and have to stay behind closed doors at all time.........I just want to see how it is out there. The only time I had seen it was before everyone was on and before we left the dock." You explained to Thomas.

Thomas walked up to you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"I know, but I wouldn't want to see you hurt." He said as he turned you around.

"I care about you too much ____, so please just do me this one favor and stay in the stateroom." He said as he took your face into his hand and rubbed it.

You looked him into his eyes and sighed.

"Fine, only for you though." You said as you brought your lips to his and kissed them.

"THOMAS!" Owen yelled.

The both of you jumped back and looked scared.

"Go hide!" You whispered/ yelled at him.

"Where?!" He exclaimed.

"In the closet." You told him. He ran in the closet and stood there as Owen came In the room.

"Have you seen Thomas?" Owen asked as he walked in.

"No, I haven't seen him and why?" You asked

"Someone told me that he was in here." He said as he looked around. He was getting too close to the closest so you had to speak up.

"Did you check at the bottom of the ship, he could be there." You said. Owen stopped looking and turned to you.

"No, I haven't. I'm going to go look there." He said as he was walking towards the door.

"Oh and ____, I don't want you around him." He stated.

You rolled your eyes at him.

"Why?........he's the only one that's around my age and the only one that comes in here." You explained.

"You know he's has to come in here, he feeds me." You stated.

Owen sighed.

"Just don't talk to him." He said as he walked out.

"Yeah, whatever, sure I won't." You mumbled.

You waited a little while before going into the closet to tell Thomas to leave.

"Come on Thomas, he's heading down the bottom now." You explained to him and you grabbed his arm.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay?" He explained

"Okay." You said as you pecked his lips and lead him out of the door.

Comment and Vote Please!