Broken Clocks | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 802

Time was something you never had enough of. It seemed like your clock was always broken, which made you run fast from your day job. You never really had time to do what any other typical teenager could. It's always, has a shift at ten am and then you have to dip at ten pm to go home and sleep for school the next day. You had no choice but to work for you and your little sister. Your papa walked out of your life, and soon after, so did your mum.

"Come on, get up." You told your little sister. The both of you lived in a crappy apartment in Queens, New York.

"But I'm sleepy." She said as she rubbed her eyes; you sighed and wished you had someone else to help you with this, but you didn't.

"Come on, or we'll be late for school." You stated. She rolled out of bed and went to go take a shower and get dressed. Now your life isn't all crap. You have three best friends by the names of Ned, Michelle, and Peter. They don't really know about your situation because you feel like your personal business, and they don't need to know.

"Come on now." You stated as the both of you rushed out of the apartment to make it on the train. You woke up early because you have to take her to school and then yourself.

"Have a good day at school, Okay?" You stated as you kissed her cheek.

"Okay." She whispered quietly.

"I love you." You said as you hugged her.

"I love you too." She said as she hugged you back. Once you let go of her, she walked into the school. You quickly turned around so you could make it on the next train to get to school. You made it to school just in time to see Peter and Ned at your locker.

"Hey ____, just the person I wanted to see," Ned stated; Peter looked at him like he wanted him to shut up.

"Hey guys, Where's Michelle?" You questioned as you went to go open your locker.

"I think she went to class," Peter said; Ned rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, Peter has something to ask you," Ned said as Peter stood there looking like a dead caught in headlights.

"Go on," Ned said as he nudges him.

"I was wondering I-If you would like to go on a date with me?" He questioned. You looked over at Ned, then back at Peter, and laughed.

"Is this some type of joke?" You questioned; Peter's face dropped.

"N-No, why would you think that?" He asked.

"I've had enough of petty dues. I've had enough of shitty news. I had a thing for dirty shoes since I was ten like dirty men alike. And I'm never going back to that." You said as you walked off. The both of them stood there in shock. It's not like you didn't like Peter, but it's just that every time you think of someone like you, they would leave you right when you started liking them.

At least it was a better day than yesterday. You just took it day by day, never hearing what they say. You just do it your way; all you had were broken clocks. You didn't have any time, just burning daylight. But you had nothing but love for Peter. Throughout the day, you tried avoiding Peter, and you did until it came to lunch.

You didn't really eat lunch, but you would just go in and socialize with the three friends you had. Peter had spotted you and walked up to you and grabbed your arm, not rough but gentle.

"Would you stop ignoring me..........I've done nothing wrong," Peter stated as he tried to look you in the eye, but you wouldn't let him.

"Look at me ____." He asked softly, but you wouldn't look up.

"Damnit, would you just please look at me." He said as he raised his voice just a little, but it was still soft.

"What, Peter." You spoke softly.

"What did I do wrong?" He asked as he looked at you.

"All that I've got is pieces and pages.........I think I forgot how it feels to like someone, and they like me back." You whispered.

"I don't can't sleep past nine am, heart-breaks makes me feel so vulnerable........Can't beat them, so just join the party.......I always thought that I didn't need or want anybody.....But I do, and it's you." You said.

"It's was always you ____, so would you go out with me?" He asked again as he grabbed your hands and rubbed them.

"Yes........I will go out with you." You said.

Comment and Vote Please!