For a few seconds that's what we did, just stared at the other with no words from either of us.

"Your still here." I said hoarsely breaking the silence

He swallowed hard causing his adams apple to bobble. "I am." he answered in a hurtful tone

I felt my throat tighten at the emotion in his voice and the pain on his handsome features. He took a step forward causing my chest to tighten in anticipation.

"Aubrey." he said in a soft whisper that broke my will

Tears brimmed my eyes, my bottom lip trembled as I fought a growing sob. Hunter raised his arms welcoming me into his warm, toned body. The pain in my legs numbed as I ran into his inviting embrace.

Burying my face into his chest I couldn't stop the hot tears that rushed down my cheeks and onto his thin tank top. Hunter raised one hand to my back and the other on the back of my head.

"I'm so sorry." he said in a broken tone

I circled my arms up to his shoulders and pulled him closer as I registered his apology.

He kissed the top of my head tenderly. My eyes closed as I savored the musky cologne and mixture of the outdoors. He's here, Hunter is here. I felt a warm tingling sensation in my chest that although frightened me a bit I invited it willingly.

"You said you were leaving." I said as I pulled back just enough to met his gaze

"I said a lot of things I regret." he replied sadly

His harsh words came back to me ruining the small reunion we were having. He just wants a quickie stupid or did you forget! No I didn't.

Reluctantly I moved away from the comfort of his arms with his bitter words hanging between us. Hunter realized why I moved because he sighed before raking his fingers through his dark brown hair.

"Take a walk with me while I explain my moronic mistake." he said with a glint of hope

As much as I wanted to be like the strong woman who flip their hair in their ex's face and strut away I didn't. Instead I took the first steps forward with shaky legs both from being near Hunter and the stupid heels.

"Let me start by saying I never had any intention of staying in this town at first, I never really stayed in one place too long because well there was nothing worth staying for. Until now."

From the corner of my eye I saw him glance my way but I kept my eyes glued a head trying not to seem fazed by his words.

"I'm not a good guy who thinks of others or follows the rules, you probably already figured this out." he chuckled humorlessly

"You deserve the best Aubrey not some loner who can't control his temper. I figured it would be best if you moved on and forget about me, so I lied." he continued

He dug his hands into his pockets looking vulnerable which caused me to go against my best judgement and turn to look him straight in the eye.

My front to seem cold and uncaring melted as soon as he met my stare.

"I don't deserve you but I couldn't leave you either. It's selfish I know." he added with a forced smile

"You didn't even let me get a say in this, you just decided to leave." I said

His dark brows bended in a soft expression as he pondered on my words. It's true he shouldn't have left without talking to me. I bawled my eyes out because he thought I'd be better without him.

"Don't ever make a decision for me." I said as I stopped at the corner and turned in his direction

"You would be better off without me but I can't let you go." he said sounding apologetic