*Halloween* Spiders, Beards And All Things Hairy. (Pete Wentz x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, shut up, you pervert," you sneered while punching him in the shoulder, making him laugh. "The only reason I'm walking around like this is because there's a spider the size of motherfucking Russia in my room!"

"A spider?" he quizzed, the tenseness in his muscles relaxing. "That's the life and death situation?"

"Yes!" you exclaimed. "You know how much I hate spiders. There's no way I can get done for the party while that abomination is chilling in my room!"

"Okay, calm down," he held out his hands and raised his brows. "I'll take care of it. Do you have a jar and a broom or something?"

You nodded, picking up the supplies you'd collected while waiting for Pete to show up and handing them over to him. "Be careful."

"It's just a stupid insect, (Y/N)," he scoffed. "I'll be fine."

~

Pete carefully pushed open the door to your bedroom and stepped inside, rotating his head in search of the spider that had you in such a state.

He couldn't spot the insect at first, which prompted him to do a full search of the room, examining each item occupying it very thoroughly.

He knew how terrified you were of spiders – they were your worst fear – and he was sure that the poor thing he was currently hunting was probably nothing more than a daddy long legs the size of his fingertip.

However, as he turned around to face the corner next to the window, he realised just how wrong he was.

~

You nervously chewed on your fingernails, your foot absentmindedly tapping as you waited for Pete to return with the spider captured in the glass jar.

Not two seconds later, you were startled by a scream which can only be described as the type in horror films, and not long after, a scared-out-of-his-mind Pete came sprinting down the stairs.

"What happened?" you asked, rushing towards him. "Did you catch it?"

"No," he breathed, clutching onto his chest for dear life.

"No?" you exclaimed, your panic once again flaring up.

"No, (Y/N), I didn't catch it! That thing is the size of a fucking grizzly bear, jeez."

"I told you!" you said, pointing an accusatory finger at your best friend. "You thought I was overreacting, didn't you?"

"Okay, yes, I did," he admitted, rolling his eyes. "But in my defence, it wouldn't be the first time."

"So what? You just left it in my room?!"

"No, I'm not an idiot," he defended. "It was really close to the window, so I opened it up so that the spider could climb out."

"And did it?"

"I don't know. I didn't exactly stay to find out, now did I?"

"Well, go check."

"Me?" he scoffed.

"Yes, you."

"No way."

"If you do, I'll buy you as much pizza as you want for the next month."

"I'll be back in ten seconds."

~

"Alright, it's gone," Pete huffed, relief evident in his voice as he descended the staircase.

"Oh, thank God," you sighed, closing your eyes and tilting your head back.

"Uh, thank me, actually."

"Right. Thanks, Pete," you beamed, and he let out a sarcastic laugh.

"I've gotta go get done. The party starts in forty minutes."

~

Stumbling through the door to your bedroom, you and Pete both tried your hardest to support your totally wasted selves, a cautionary Andy trailing close behind the two of you.

"Thank you, guys," Andy said, as he helped the two of you remove your shoes and lay down on your bed.

"For what?" Pete slurred.

"Serving as a constant reminder as to why I'm straightedge."

"You're welcome, Andy," you beamed up at the heavily tattooed man, who shook his head at you before placing a gentle kiss to your head.

"You two get some sleep. I'll swing by in the morning with some hangover supplies, okay?"

You and Pete mumbled an 'okay' before huddling closer to one another. You had just begun to drift off to sleep when you felt a tickling sensation on your cheek.

"Peteeee," you whined. "You really need to shave. Your beard tickles."

"What are you talking about, (Y/N/N)? I don't have a beard."

"Well then what's tickling m- AHHHHHH!"

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x