She Will Be Loved. (Mikey Way x Reader)

════════════════

Request: @-xo_frankie- : 'My request is soulmate AU. When your soulmate sings, listens or thinks of a song, you hear it too.
Any song you want 😀 oh, and it's for Mikey. xoxo'

Note: I made it so that you can only hear when your soulmate sings, not when they think of or listen to a song, but I hope you like it, my love. x

════════════════

════════════════

"Beauty queen of only 18, she

had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her, she

always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door

I've had you so many times but somehow I want more"

"She singing again?" Gerard asked, taking a seat opposite his brother, who was gazing absentmindedly out the window as he focused on listening to the sound in his head, a dreamy look on his face as he did so. Gerard knew that look. It was reserved for one person and one person only.

Mikey nodded, a smile on his lips. "She has the most beautiful voice..."

"What song?"

"She Will Be Loved."

"Again?" Gerard took a sip of soda, leaning back in the armchair. "Seems like that's all she ever sings."

"It's her favourite," Mikey smiled, still focusing on your melodic voice playing in his head.

"Does she ever listen to us?"

"Quite a bit, actually," Mikey answered, turning to grin at the older Way. "Her rendition of 'I Don't Love You' is a million times better than yours."

Gerard scoffed. "Mikey, I'm sure she could sing any song, sound like a dying cat and you'd still think she has the most beautiful voice you've ever heard."

"I love her."

"Well, maybe you should try and find her then!" Gerard huffed, tossing a judgmental look at Mikey. "Or, ya know, at least sing back to her."

"I can't do that," Mikey sighed.

"Why the hell not?"

"Because when I sing, I sound like a dying cat," he threw his hands up in frustration before running one of them through his hair. "I don't to make a bad first impression."

Gerard rolled his eyes at his brother's cowardliness, although he couldn't help but feel a little bit bad. Mikey was so hopelessly in love with you, and it seemed like every day, that love grew more and more; it must be torture for him to love someone so much and not be able to be with them.