Ch.64 Magic sucking

(Flashback) Now in the water, Blade was practically hopeless as his unconscious body sank towards the bottom of the river. But right before he could reach the bottom, a black ghostly hand reached out and grabbed onto his arm and began to pull him up to the surface. When he reached the surface, he was then dragged onto shore where he began to regain consciousness while coughing out water and gasping for air.

"You okay?" a female voice asked besides him.

"Yeah" he breathed "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

But when he turned to face his rescuer, he couldn't believe his eyes on what he was looking at.

Meanwhile, back at shore, Antony had finished getting the fire started as Arial and Porter brought more woods.

"That should do it" he told them.

"Where's Blade?" Arial wondered while looking around.

"I don't know" Antony replied while also looking around for their friend "He should been back by now."

But just when they thought someone had happened to him, Blade suddenly ran out from the woods screaming.

"Guys!" he screamed as he ran up to them with fright on his face.

"Whoa what's wrong?" Porter asked "And why are you wet?"

"Did you run into a cannibal?" Arial inquired.

"Worse" Blade breathed "This island is haunted!"

"Haunted?" Antony doubted.

"I know it sounds crazy but I just gave saved from drowning by a ghost! I mean look at the bruise on my head!"

He moved a part of his hair away where everyone saw a large bruise near his crown.

"Yikes" Arial bit her lip.

"But that doesn't prove you were saved by a ghost" Antony put in.

"I was!" he exclaimed "And if it wasn't for her, I would of been dead by now!"

"It's true" a disembodied voice suddenly spoke "If I hadn't been there, he would of joined me in the deep sea."

"That's her" Blade gasped.

The musketeers felt chills run down their spines as they searched around for whoever was talking.

"Who said that?" Arial demanded.

"You guys also don't have to worry about cannibals on this island-" the voice suddenly said again as they turned around and couldn't believe their eyes when they saw what appeared to be a ghost mermaid sitting on a nearby boulder with purple hair and a beautiful black and blue ombre tail.

"There's no cannibals here" she smiled.

At that point they all froze in shock as Blade pointed to her.

"It's her!" he exclaimed.

"Hello" the ghost mermaid greeted with a friendly smile and a wave as she floated in front of them as they stepped back in shock "Oh don't worry, you don't have to be scared of me, I may be a hybrid of a ghost and a mermaid, but I wont steal your souls."

She then pointed to Blade "I mean I literally just saved his soul so... you know. Oo that rhymes."

"Uh, who are you?" Antony questioned, still not sure if they should trust her.

"The name's Von Boo-" she bowed "Sirena Von Boo, mermaid ghost, hangs out on Skeleton Island part time."

"Skeleton Island?" Blade's eyes widen "Is that the name of this island?"

"Yep" she grinned "This whole island has bones everywhere, no one has been here in years, until now."

"Well uh, Sirena-" Arial spoke up "Any chance you can help us off this island before we join the bones?"

"Well-" Sirena tapped her chin "I don't think I can help, but I do know some mermaids who may be able to. Just give me a while, and I'll be back with an answer. In the meantime, there should be some coconut trees in the woods to last you a few hours."

And with that she dove into the water and swam off.

"Few hours?" Arial said dully "If she doesn't come back by midnight I'm going to assume she's gone forever.

At Marooner's Rock, the other haft of the group who followed Jane to Marooner's Rock finally made it outside the cave where Lane peeked in through a hole and could see the Wonderlandians still in the invisible barrier.

"Do you see them?" Elena whispered.

"Aye" Jane whispered "They seem to be okay for now."

"Do you see Pan?" Olivia whispered.

"No-" she replied when she then spotted something "But I do see Pandora's Box."

"Okay here's the plan-" Elena spoke up "One of us has to stay on guard in case Pan comes back, while the rest of us go in, grab the box, our friends, and get the hell out."

"Uh, I think we're bit too late with the whole watching for Pan thing" Olivia pointed out as everyone saw Pan entering the cave.

"Dammit" Elena grunted as she tried to think of another idea.

"How about this?" Mira suddenly spoke up "Let's just go in and hide, and when Pan leaves we'll grab the box and trap him and then take the Wonderlandians."

They all sighed.

"It's worth a shot" Elena sighed as they quietly made their way inside the cave without Pan seeing them as they hid behind some boulders.

As they peered from the boulder, they watched as Pan made his way to the Wonderlandians as they listened.

"Time's up" he smirked "And no one has showed up, I guess your friends decided to save Piper instead of you folks."

"Good" Brenden replied with a hint of sarcasm "If he's alive, that means you have a less chance of getting away."

"I wouldn't bet on that Wonderboy" he smirked again "It doesn't matter if he's alive or not, he's still not as strong as me, but that's about to change."

He then started to point at the Wonderlandians while chanting "Eenie, meenie, miney, mo, which one of you is about to go."

"What are you doing?" Brenden asked a bit confused.

"What does it loom like I'm doing?" Pan relied in an obvious tone.

"Seriously?" he said dully "You're using eenie meenie miney mo to choose which one of us is going to die first?"

"You got a problem with that?" Pan frowned.

"I'm just saying, it's ridiculous."

"Well then-" Pan smirked "Since you hate it so much, I guess I'll use yours then."

And with that he made the invisible barrier disappear as he punctured his hand into Brenden's chest and pulled out his heart as everyone gasped in shock. The others couldn't believe what they just witnessed as Brenden clutched his chest full of dismay.

"Now for the fun" Pan grinned as he held the heart in front of him and waved his hand over it.

And at that point the other's watched in shock as the Wonder aura flew out from the Wonderlandians mouths and into the heart. With their Wonder magic gone, the Wonderlandians who were now pale and wonder-less collapsed onto the ground, motionless.