Ch.59 Ship explosion

(Flashback) After getting her friends, the musketeers made their way to the dock where they saw that Marie was still on the ship.

"The Crown Jewel must be with her" Arial declared "We have to get onto that ship without getting noticed."

"And how exactly do you suppose we do that?" Porter questioned with doubt.

As they looked around, hoping to find an idea, Blade soon spotted something that caught his eye.

"I think I got it" he announced.

Now hiding separately in the boxes that didn't contain the explosives, the musketeers stayed quiet when they felt themselves being lifted up and getting carried onto the ship. When they were placed down, they looked through the little holes of the box and saw Marie talking to the crew in front of them. Not being able to completely hear what they were saying, the musketeers just waited until the coast was clear.

Unfortunately, the crew was still on deck as the ship began to sail off. Fearing that they were going to be stuck, the musketeers knew they needed a plan of escape before the ship sails too far from shore. Just then, the crew suddenly went down from the deck, and only Marie was on deck with her back turned towards the boxes. Knowing that this was their only chance, the musketeers quietly lifted up the boxes they were in, and carefully stepped out.

"Where's the ring?" Arial demanded that made Marie jumped as she faced them.

"What the?" she gasped "How the hell you all get on here?"

"That's not important" Antony frowned "Where's the Crown Jewel?"

She gave a small giggle "All of this for some stupid ring?"

"If it was stupid-" Blade put in "You wouldn't of stolen it."

"Oh I didn't steal it for myself-" she smirked "I gave it to someone."

"Who?" they all questioned.

"Like I'm gonna tell" she smirked again "So there isn't really a point on going after me, you all might as well partir. Oh wait, we're a bit far from shore."

They turned around, and just like what Marie said, the ship was getting farther away from shore.

"Looks like you mousquetaires are stuck on this ship" Marie grinned just as the crew came back out from beneath the deck and spotted the musketeers.

"Seize them" Marie ordered the crew.

But before they could, the musketeers took out their swords and began to go against the pirates. But knowing that they still needed to escape, the group looked around to an opening to jump off the ship and swim back to shore, but with so many pirates in the way, it seemed almost impossible.

But all of a sudden, when Blade knocked a pirate into a box, it toppled over and popped open as the explosives spilled out and began to tick. Realizing what was happening, Blade's eyes widen and his heart began to pound with fright.

"It's gonna blow!" he screamed, catching everyone's attention.

And with that the pirates began to panic and they tried to jump off the ship. But due to their fear, they toppled over each other making it hard for them to reach the edge. But knowing that he needed to get his friends off, Blade managed to grab onto them and pulled them away from the pirates. Marie too tried to jump off, but she was then toppled over by the pirates who stomped over her to get to the edge.

As time passes and the explosives got louder, the musketeers ran to the edge and managed to jump off and landed in the water, just as the explosives went off. The musketeers heard the sound of the explosion that vibrated in the water as they swam as far away as they could away from the ship. And when they swam up to the surface to get some air, they saw that the ship had burst into flames as they heard the sounds of the crew screaming in terror.

"Bloody hell" Porter gasped.

"Well Marie is most likely gone" Arial sighed "I don't know if I feel more thrilled, or guilty that she had to die this awful way."

"Are we even sure she's dead?" Blade put in "Did anyone see her jump off?"

"No" they all replied.

"I guess we'll never know until her body's fond" Antony shrugged.

"We didn't even get to find out who she gave the Crown Jewel to" Arial put in with frustration "Heck, we didn't even know what it looks like."

"We'll ask the queen tomorrow" Antony suggested "Let's just get back to shore."

As they began to swim away from the wreck, the ship began to sink into the water while putting out the fire. As it did so, there didn't seem to be any sign of survivors. That is until, Marie sprang up from the water and gasped for air. With her dress all turn and burnt from the fire, she grabbed onto a driftwood from the ship and rested her body on it as she coughed for air. Surprised that she had survived an explosion, Marie looked around to see if there were any other survivors.

She saw none.

Realizing that she was the only survivor, she tried to see if she could swim to shore. But being so tired and in pain, she was too weak to do anything as she laid her head on the driftwood and closed her eyes, wondering if this was how she was going to die.