Ch.15 Night Root

(Flashback) After the Wonderlandians left, everyone went back to the campsite where Piper showed his parents the map.

"You found this in a tree?" Peter questioned.

"Yeah" Piper replied "So is it a treasure map?"

"Oh it's a treasure map alright, but I don't know where this island is, it doesn't even have a name."

"Maybe it's a secret island" Wendy put in "Maybe it has no name because it doesn't want anyone to find it's treasure."

"What a shame" Peter sighed "It would of been quite an adventure to look for treasure."

He then handed the map to Piper.

"I recommend you hold onto it" he suggested "It may come in handy someday."

Piper gave a nod as he took the map.

"Oh by the way" Peter added "I have something for you."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a thick golden ring with a maroon gem in the center as he tossed it to Piper.

"A ring?" Piper questioned.

"Not just any ring, this ring was given me by someone when I first went to England, it's enchanted, it had the ability to open a portal to any realm you want."

"Seriously?" Piper said surprised.

"Yeah, in fact I used it to go to Wonderland with Alice."

"But, how does it know where you want to go?"

"I don't know how, it just knows, but the trick is is to focus on where you want to go, if you don't it can backfire. So if you wanna go somewhere, just twist the ring around your finger 3 times while thinking of where you want to go and a portal should open."

Piper looked at the ring with amusement.

"Thanks" he said with a small smile.

________

On the other side of the island, the pirate who threaten Piper earlier sat on a long in front of a fire as he used his knife to carve a piece of wood.

"Well you seem bored" a voice suddenly said as he turned around and saw a young pirate girl who seemed to be about 19 with short blonde hair that went to her shoulders and a serious look in her brown eyes.

"Oh it's you" the pirate grunted "What do ye want?"

"You know that lad you threaten earlier, about the map?" she said in a slight French accent "He lied to you."

"What are ye talking about?"

"I saw him earlier, he had the map, he never lost it, he just had it hidden, so he pretty much lied to your face."