Ch.47 Stitched

Not thinking what she was doing, Ilene had missed kissing those lips of his, and just doing so was already bring joy to herself. But just then she realized what she was doing as she quickly pulled away with her eyes widen as she began to feel herself blush while Aidan stood there surprised.

"Uh-" she started to say while hiding her nervousness "Sorry."

"It's fine" he replied while acting casually.

"I uh, I guess I'll go back to camp."

"Yeah you do that."

And with that she ran off, leaving him still astonished by what happened. When she got back to the camp, she tried acting like nothing had happened as she sat down at the table and began to munch on an apple.

"Uh, you okay Ilene?" Christina suddenly asked as she sat next to her.

"Yeah I'm fine" Ilene replied with her mouth full "Why wouldn't I be? Well besides the fact that we all may die soon."

"No, I know you eat fast when something happened and you're trying to hide it" Christina smirked "Now what is it?"

"Nothing" she replied with a nervous laugh "Nothing happened... I kissed Aidan."

At that point both of their eyes widen.

"You kissed Aidan?" Christina questioned surprised as she started to laugh "Oh my God."

"Stop laughing" Ilene hissed while looking around to make sure no one was listening.

"What happened?" Christina giggled.

"I don't know" Ilene whined "We were just talking and then he just said something that made me melt and then, I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a kiss."

"Wow" she giggled.

"But you don't get it, even though it was surprising, I liked it, I mean I haven't kissed those lips in God who knows how long. And I gotta say, it felt amazing."

"How do you think he felt?"

"I don't know" she sighed "I knew he was surprised but, he knows I still have feelings for him, but I didn't want it to come out like this. He probably thinks I'm crazy now."

"You don't know that, maybe he liked it."

"Oh I'm sure he did" Ilene doubted.

"Look, when you feel ready, talk to him about it, I'm sure he'll understand."

Ilene didn't say anything as she nervously but into the apple.

(Flashback) Knowing that they were already lost, Marissa took Chris to an area that fortunately didn't contain booby traps. After settling down against some big trees, Marissa gently laid Chris against a tree as he kept the rag pressed against his bloody wound.

"Okay let me see the wound" she said as she took the rag off and saw the bloody hole in his shoulder as she cringe "Yikes."

"Is it that bad?" he asked weakly.

"A little, but I can patch it up."

And with that she began to slowly take off his shirt as he winched in pain.

"Whoa" she mumbled amused when she saw him haft bare.

"What?"

"Nothing" she quickly replied as she turned him around to see the wound.

She noticed that the arrow had gone into his body quite deep and required stitches. Luckily she always carried a stitching kit with her as she reached down her boot and pulled out a needle and some thread.

"You carry a needle and thread with you?" Chris questioned confused.

"Ye never know when things like this could happen" she put in as she pulled out her rum bottle and opened it "Now this may burn."

And with that she dumped haft of the rum onto the wound as Chris cried in pain as she held him from moving.

"Sorry" she apologized as she wiped the excess rum and blood off with another rag "Now onto the stitching, and try not to move."

"Hey why are you doing this?" Chris wondered.

Marissa gave a sigh "I don't know, I just felt like I couldn't leave ye there to die. Now hold still."

And with that she began to stitch up the wound as Chris did his best not to move.

"So what are you gonna do if you can't get your treasure?" he suddenly asked.

"I guess just go home" she replied disappointed "It was just a waste of time."

"It doesn't have to be, I mean we can still have an adventure."

"How?" she doubted "On an island full of booby traps."

"Well there's always gonna be danger, that's the point of an adventure. Don't tell me you haven't faced any danger while you were looking for treasure these past years?"

"Touche."

"The main objective is I leave the island with the Never Diamond, and since you still have the map, I say we look for it, and at the same time we have an adventure."

Marissa gave a sigh as she finished sewing up the wound.

"You're pretty brave ye know that" she commented "It's like you're not afraid of death."

"Well of course I'm afraid of death, it's just how I die."

She gave another sigh as she poured more of her rum onto the wound as he winched.

"Very well-" she said while handing him his shirt "I'll give it a shot."

"Seriously?" he questioned while carefully putting his shirt back on.

"Well considering that I don't know where we are at the moment, I say the hell with it."

Chris gave a small chuckle, impressed by her words.

"Alright then-" he started to say when he tried to get up, only to be pulled down by the pain in his shoulder as he clutched it.

"Yeah I don't think you'll be going anywhere" Marissa smirked "You need to rest."

"You know, I don't think you've ever been this kind to me" he smirked back "Are you feeling okay?"

"I don't know anymore" she answered a bit confused "First I save yer ass and now I'm agreeing with you, what's gotten into me?"

"Perhaps spending time with me has made an impact on you" he guessed with a sneaky grin.

"Oh please" she doubted while rolling her eyes as he gave a chuckle.

"Well think whatever you want" he smirked "But I think that all you need is a little adventure with me by your side, and you'll see that I'm quite fun to talk to."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"Whatever you say girly."

And with that she shoved him as he fell back.