41- The Floor is Lava

Taehyung

By the time Taeyong has told me about the rising of my bad memories, my mother's voice has come echoing softly in my head. Trust me, son. You won't die, as you are the Guardian Angel. Bad memories make you stronger. The voice fades right after it has finished telling me the fact. The men sitting beside me are casting me question looks, hoping to know my answer. I give them a shrug and say, "Maybe I don't have unpleasant memories," pretend to be not care.

Right after Taeyong has told us all of our parts, a melodious tingling noise of a wineglass echoes throughout the hall, driving all of our attention towards the thrones. 

"Attention underworld folks." Bogum's voice collides beneath the walls of this hall, creating a virtual resonance. "The ceremony will be starting soon. Do please, all of you Councils followed by the folks, step forward and face me with all of your Angel's Tears." Casting me one last worry look through his black eyes, Taeyong gestures me to follow his action as what he's doing now is moving away, with his glass of greenish content. 

I almost forget that I was the Second Council before. Since my angel self returns, I'm no longer grabbing this very position in Hell.

Soon, the red-carpeted path set in front of the throne is already full of gathered demons. The positioned one at the front line, while the underworld citizens at the back. I,who is considered as the representative of Heaven, ought to stand at the very last end, being the last one to drink the Angel's Tears.

As everyone has stood in position, a short man appears out of nowhere with a thick book in his hands, opened. He wears a curly, blonde wig which makes him look like a judge though he is a priest. Taking his biggest strides across the hall, he soon stops and there he stands in front of the marrying couple. His back faces us.

The chattering of demons in front of me shimmers down as the priest clears his throat, indicating that he's about to begin. Similar to the standing couple, prepared to be filled with those holy words of Hell.

Not long after, he starts. "Park Bogum, will you have Heidi Lin to be your wedded dark wife, to live together in the covenant of faith, hope and love according to the intention of Satan for your lives together in Hell?" The priest pauses, then continues. "Will you listen to her inmost thoughts, be considerate and tender in your care of her, and stand by her faithfully in sickness and in health, and, preferring her above all others, accept full responsibility for her every necessity for as long as you both shall live?" Such a long question, but Bogum seems to have his patience upon this.

The Devil's eyes sparks for a mere second before he smiles and answers. "Yes, I do." The man nods and then turns to Heidi, asking her the same question as he asks Bogum.

"Yes, I do." Her voice is steady, showing no trace of uncertainty in her tone. Good job, my sweetest angel girl.

Instead of telling the bridegroom to kiss the bride, the short man announces. "Congratulations, both of you now are husband and wife. Now, both of you please exchange your drinks." The two follow as they look longingly at each other.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," says the priest, his voice as sonorous as Bogum's. "Please lift up your wineglasses while our brightest stars in Hell drink." It should be a romantic and happily-ever-after scene, yet it's so heartbreaking and torturous for me to witness the ceremony. In fact, I have to hide those sad faces away while my heart aches.

Both Heidi and Bogum tilt their wineglasses until their lips touch the content with a sip. Then, under the priest's command again, all the underworld folks and me have to drink up all the Angel's Tears in our wineglasses.