24- Aberrance and Insanity

Heidi

Waking up in confusion, I try to remember the last time which I go back to sleep, in my own room. The light above me is stinging my eyes, drawing out tears from them but making my vision clearer after I've wiped them away.

I look around and hear beeps. Beeps coming from the machine stands beside my bed, showing my heartbeat. Normal. Wait, am I in the hospital? Why am I lying in the hospital? Biting my lower lip, I am going to bear the pain after plucking the intravenous drip from my hand.

"Ahh!!" I let out a whispery shriek. "Dang it!" I'm sure that I'm totally fine, really. But after looking to the front, my bandaged leg is noticeable and this nearly freaks me out. Oh my god, what has happened to me? Tears begin to blur my vision again while hopeless sobs are going to choke through my helpless throat. A car accident. My family's car has met an accident when they are sending me back home.

Why am I remembering a car accident instead of getting home safe?

Goma.

I turn my head and find nothing but silence. I'm sure Taehyung has called me the way he's used to. Deep in my mind.

Soon, the door in front squeaks open when the doctor enters. However, a stupid question still escapes from my parted lips, "Who are you?" The doctor is bespectacled, he looks like a 20-year-old guy who is a trainee doctor in this hospital.

He smiles at me while he starts introducing about himself. "I'm your doctor in charge, Heidi. You can call me Dr Lee," says the doctor while he approaches my bed. "Glad to see that you're awaked." His eyes moves towards my hand where there's a drip being injected before.

"What has happened to me? Why am I here?" I ask in a shaky tone. "Why is my right leg being bandaged? Where are my parents? Are they fine? I wanna see them-"

"Calm down Heidi. You'd just awake from that accident." Dr Lee says as he uses his stethoscope to listen to my heartbeat. After that, he doesn't forget to measure my blood pressure and the pulses too. "Your pulse has turned back to a normal speed. That is a good sign." Dr Lee smiles as he pats my head.

Nevertheless, chilliness soon runs down my spine when I recognise that the doctor's eyeballs are vanishing, leaving the whites. My heartbeat is speeding up and I think it has missed a beat. Feared and anxious, I back away until my back leans against the headboard. "Who are you?" Without answering, the doctor shows only sinister smile when he takes tiny footsteps towards me. "Get away from me.." Now I realise, that my eyes are still wet like how they are before the doctor comes in.

"Do you remember the last time you've fallen asleep?" asks the doctor and his voice is completely different now. "Do you ever think that why accident happens on your family? Including you? Who do you think has caused all of this?" Yeah, who is that person who brings misfortunate to us? "Do you remember being followed by a demon?" Is he addressing me-

"Kim Taehyung?" A suspicious whisper escapes from my lips before I can even know it. As I look back to where the doctor has stood, the doctor is nowhere to be seen. "Why did you do this to me, Taetae?" Wait, he isn't a demon.

He is just a misfortunate fallen angel. It's not his fault to meet me and follow me back because I am the one who's agreed him to. It's my fault..

Do you wish to go back?

It is another voice now which rings in my mind. And then, something growls behind me and I turn. Down by the corner of the bed, behind me, stands a huge, black German Shepherd with luminous red eyes. Its eyes glare dead at me while I start backing away towards the door. "Good dog..." But the dog barks and I shriek.