Part 2: When Friends Turns to Foes

19- Planned in Wick Desire

Taehyung

The roof has been split into half, letting in the heavenly light to shine directly at the girl who kneels helplessly on the ground. "Museun il inga(What's happening)?!" Both my younger siblings show up beside me due to natural curiosity.

As I can't keep my sight away from Heidi, my siblings' question has been ignored. "Goma(Small kid)!" In the opposite, I exclaim in horror while darting towards her. Heidi's back is shining like a star, as if heaven grows inside her. Then, her eyes, nose and lips shimmer at the same time too, leaving me panic and don't know what to do.

The heavenly light scorches me hard, leaving large burns on the back of my hand when I try to touch her. "Oppa! Stop!" Although I've gotten my yeodongsaeng's message, it's too late for me to run, or even take another step. The light is now burning every part of my body exposed to it, letting out my helpless cries and wails.

Blue flames with dark smoke start engulfing my flawless skin in minutes, costing up my energy to heal, making me exhausted. What I can do is just trying to hug the writhing girl and do the same thing as her, this feels really like hell. Before I get to become an ugly person entirely, a huge shadow has blocked the light above me, stopping the scorching burn which moves rapidly on my skin.

Now I finally notice that my eyes are shut due to the pain I'm suffering. My eyelids are trembling due to the fear of permanent elimination, until they're flipped open, letting my eyes underneath to see what's going on. Unluckily, beads of tears appear to be acting as a shield to prevent me from seeing this.

"Daebak(Oh my god).." exclaims my sister with a whisper, intensifying my curiosity. I force my shaking hands up to wipe those tears away, the scene is important for me and I don't want to miss it. But just then, a furry and feathery feeling brushes my cheek. Grabbing on the soft, fluffy object, I recognise that it's-

"Git teol(Feather)." My lips shape the word in Korean unconditionally. Astonishment and anger overwhelms me when my eyes stares angrily around, looking for the arch-criminal.

"Taetae.." Heidi's voice relaxes all my nerves in one shot. The roof is mending itself back to normal, blocking away the Lights of Ee Chion entirely again from our sight.

"Naega yeogi(I'm here), Heidi." Not knowing the reason which I can pronounce this girl's name perfectly now, my instinct only tells me to do it as she will need to hear this. Or else,  she might forgets me, or worse. Patting her head while stroking her newly grown wings at the same time, my gentle tone is calming down her rapid breathe.

"Are you okay, my lord?" asks another sound with heavy breathes. It seems to be my messenger, Jeon Ryeong. As my vision clears, the roof has turned back to normal. And the shielding wing which covers both of us seems to be Jeon Ryeong's, not Heidi's. My temper calms when Jeon Ryeong voices out, but why am I feel disappointed? By the way, his species is such an unknown, sometimes, he shows up in bird form, and now, he straightforwardly unfolds his big wings, regardless what will happen to him when he touches the light. How can an unknown creature gets to roam Hell like a free bird? Yes, he's a messenger among the Great and Second Councils, but how do he achieve that? "My lord?" Jeon Ryeong's voice pulls me back to presence again.

"Nareul quin cana(I'm okay)." I finally says while I can feel warmth on my chest, where this targeted goma lies. Her heavy breath is exhaled non-stop on my left arm as I pat her head gently. "You're okay Heidi-goma?" I ask.

"Bogum...Park Bogum did this...He put memories in my head which doesn't belonged to me..." Heidi's slurry speech turns into a heartbreaking sob, making me feel bitter instantly.