Part 3: When Demons Rise

27- Where is My Sister?

Heidi

I can't believe the thing which we are doing right now as this is the scene appeared only on dramas or movies. Yes, we are flying through the bright sky and among the clouds now, my hand has been held in Taehyung's.

"Are you tired?" Taehyung asks while I shake my head in response.

"Nope, I can still fly," I reply with a bright smile. Soon, we've flown through the clouds and dived down towards a tree, where Taehyung's siblings are waiting.

"Annyeoung, unnie."

"Annyeoung, noona."

The siblings greet me politely when I chuckle. Patting their heads gently, I greet back, "Annyeoung, dongsaengs." My cordiality has earned Eonjin's giggle which appears to be her big brother's wish to see again, just like those days before both Taehyung and me meet. It's been a few days for me not returning home, I wonder how my family is doing right now.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates when a bunch of notifications fighting to get noticed. Exclaiming in shock at the same time, I shove my phone out and begin to check on those unread messages and also, miscalls. Obviously, most calls come from my parents and a little is from my close friends.

"Omonia(Oh my god)," Pressing into one of the messages typed by my mother, what I've found at the last message is a picture. A picture where there is a girl lying in a hospital bed, unconscious. Obviously, it's me. So what am I supposed be now?

A soul? An angel like Taehyung? A supernatural?

I feel confused.

Looking straight into the house which is where I live, the silence surrounding the area makes me feel lonely. There is no sign of my parents, or my sister. Yes, I have a sister and her name is Hurley.

But suddenly, my phone rings when she calls, scaring me a little while I almost drop my phone down the tree. Her name shows up bluntly on the screen, waiting for me to answer. Shakily moving my hand, my finger presses on the green button as I begin to put the phone beside my ears.

"Dee, is that you?! Dee please talk to me. Oh gosh, you've make me worry sick!! Where have you been? Why aren't..." Of course, a lot of questions are blurted out all at once from my anxious sister as I jerk away from my phone.

"Hey sis," I call. "I miss you all." The person on the other side pauses when a choking sound can be heard. My sister, she is crying and so do I.

"Where have you been..?" asks my sister in frustration. Unbearable tears start rolling down my cheeks as I can taste the sourness of mixed emotions blocking my nose.

"I.." Sniffling, I try to blurt out all the words in all. "I was.." But I can't hold back my strong emotions until I start to sob. Someone pats my back gently while soothing me unconditionally, then, my phone is taken away. I choose to let go though that warm and big hand is moving away from my shaky one.

Green tears have flowed out from Taehyung's eyes as I avert my gaze towards him. He doesn't say anything, until he has placed the phone by his ears.

"Hurley-shi," is what I can hear from Taehyung's deep voice.

***

Taehyung

"Hello? Who is this?" The girl on the other side asks when she hears me. "Whoever this is, please pass the phone to my little sister," She warns in a polite way.

"I'm Kim Taehyung. Your sister's boyfriend," I admit while Heidi's sister freezes. "Heidi is not well now and she needs rest. But I promise, I will pass the phone to her if you answer my questions," I add calmly to her for not to scare her from knowing that she has just connected the call to a supernatural.