20- Paradox

My Old Friend,

How are you, Bogum? First of all, thank you for sending me an invitation to your dinner. This means the whole world to me and I will cherish the moments which we've spent together.

By the way, I want to share a good news with you. I've met a girl from the human world when I descend from Ee Chion. She's the only one who had heard me and gave help. I don't mean to take her to Dang Hwang Han and lock her imprison if it's not because of the invading monsters luring around. She will be in danger if I send her back to where she belongs.

This is what I can share with you about my new life in here. Hope to meet you soon and I promise that I will bring her along then. I'm not a really good writer and so, I'll end the letter here.

Your Greatest Chinggu,
Taetae

Bogum's hand slams the desk when anger rises in him like boiling soup. "How could he lock Haylee in his place? How dare him? Haylee is mine." Bogum takes a deep breath, enabling him to cool down. "Nevermind, he'll bring her here later.." This is what he's been thinking when he exits his bedroom and strides towards the dining hall.

The place is decorated beautifully by his winged maidens. Their wings are transparent as insects' and they reflect light into rainbows unconditionally.

"Sire."

"Your Majesty."

Jeon Ryeong and the maidens greet and bow simultaneously when noticing his presence.

"Rise." says Bogum a little absentmindedly. "Continue your works and get it done by 7. The dinner starts at 7.30 and I don't wish to be late." The faster he gets to see his girl, the better. This is what he's been thinking while giving the short speech.

"Yes, Sire."

"..Majesty."

His demand always gets positive feedbacks but in different forms, making the scene a little weird. "Jotda(Good)." He turns and leaves with a bitter smile plastered on his face which he'll never show it to anyone except her. He wants her to know about his pain, his struggles, and his feelings. Bogum wishes that she will know all of this.

***

Taehyung

"Oh, cheybai(please) oppa. Please don't move. I have to put those earrings on you." It's my sister who's grumbling right now as she is my personal stylist. My appearance in front of the Great Council is vital.

"Nei nei nei(Okay kay kay)." I answer her in annoyance, like how she's talked to me when Heidi's with me. "My cheeks are itchy, mianhae(sorry)." My sister says nothing but puffs her cheeks, speechless.

"Oppa." She calls again. "I think you should bring that unnie with you later." The ring which I've been playing in my hands eventually drops onto the ground.

"Wae(Why)?" But still, I manage to calm down and ask her properly. She better has a good reason for this.

"I just feel..not right, if you're going there alone." Is it true? Is it really necessary to bring along my girl to the Great Council's party? Oh, I mean dinner. "I can feel someone is watching us, so be careful oppa." She looks around and whispers into my ear, feeling afraid that someone might hear her.

My sister's instincts are always right. Maybe she senses danger if I leave goma in her room alone. Or is she afraid of losing control and accidentally kill Heidi? Well, maybe but there isn't any actual answer for this yet.