40- Hidden Betrayal

Taehyung

Here we are, standing in front of the place where I am going to die. "Welcome." Bogum says with his opened arms as his eyes rest on Heidi. "My long, lost beauty." He reaches for her hand and kisses it. "You will soon be a wow to everyone." He guarantees in an extremely low voice.

Heidi says nothing but smiles implicitly. Her red, sexy lips curl upwards as she looks at him. The devil must have noticed my stare as he casts me a winning glare. His red, luminous eyes glimmer through the dark as they scorch at me. If his eyes are able to draw out lasers like Scott Summers from X-men, my head might be gone by now.

Clearing my throat, I greet in the most friendly way, "H-hey, Bogummy."  I then end my greetings with my signature smile and wait for Bogum's answers. Not long after, he quirks his lips and a smirk forms on his handsome feature as expected.

"Long time no see, Kim Taehyung." His words are like bee stings, which keeps poking and stinging my heart, poisoning it at the same time. His eyes flash skyblue, the colour which my eyes have flashed during the encounters with Jeon Ryeong. The colour of revenge.

He is not the Park Bogum I use to know anymore, but a Devil with no heart at all.

The Great Hall in Ak Yeon

Following Bogum's lead, though his other hand is intertwined with Heidi's, I walk into the Great Hall with Taeyong and Hurley trailing behind me. I bite my lower lip as a huge sense of awkwardness has been creeping up my spine. In the hall full of decorated tables and plush, red chairs, seated all the invited guests. Amongst them all, I manage to notice the Third and Fourth Council as their gazes are fixed on mine simultaneously when I walk pass them.

"We can sit here," Hurley points at an empty table and indicates with a cordial smile. Her face is smeared with beautiful makeups which have lengthened her eyelashes and made her face glitters.

"Alright." I mutter and take a seat next to Taeyong. As all of the guests are seated, the double doors are soon closed entirely with a grand and majestic thud. Not long after, the room turns to absolute silence as a thick beam of spotlight is directed towards the throne, where both the bride and bridegroom have been seated on.

"Thank you," begins Bogum with his sonorous voice. "...for attending the wedding of me and my beloved today, especially you, Kim Taehyung." His palms are flattened at my direction and I can sense all glares casted on me. "Kamsa hamnida(Thank you)." Bogum's eyes flash grey for a mere second.

I flinch a little but manage to answer with a nod.

By the time his knuckles clicks, all the doors, saved for the main entrance one, are opened. Plates of scrumptious dishes are served. First, there is salmon, broiled and seasoned with bread crumbs, garlic, lemon and most importantly, butter. Then, there is the roasted pork's rib, being laced with creamy BBQ sauce and mozzarella. The surface sizzles as it's been served right after it's cooked. Chill runs down my spine as the thinking of 'Hell Kitchen not only exists in the human world but Hell too' is scaring me bad.

"I feel full already," exclaims Taeyong in a whisper. "Those dishes are large." I pout my lips in amazement and glance pass Hurley towards the opposite tables, where Jaebum and Jackson are seated. They are chitchatting casually as if nothing is going to happen. However, Jaebum seems to notice my stare while he nods at me, smiling. 

"I have preferred today's signature drink, which Haylee and me like the most," Although it's a lie, Heidi, who sits on the throne stays expressionless as ever. She seems to know that there is no way for everyone here to deny a Devil's wish, or sentences of torture even death will be given unto her. The sweet and clean melody of knuckles' snaps echo throughout the Grand Hall, letting in the second batch of waiters and waitress. Each carries a tray, with green-coloured drinks being served in wineglasses.