37- Lovebirds

Hurley

Not knowing how long have I been crying, I brace myself to stand up and head towards the bed to rest. Yes, crying leads people to feel sleepy as this costs most of our energy too for any irrational or emotional thoughts.

As my back leans against the headboard, all I can do silently is staring blank at the white ceiling, hating myself through the guts. "I'm so sorry, Heidi...for not be able to help..." Murmuring teasingly, my voice cracks when chuckles have turned into heartbreaking sobs.

I quickly wipe those tears away as someone knocks on the door. "Hurley, are you in?" A faint voice asks, it's somehow, familiar, but it's definitely not Bogum as he never speaks to me this gentle.

"Who is this?" I ask with an unsteady tone.

"It's Taeyong," answers the voice sincerely.

"Come in..." I mumble but it's audible for him. The door soon squeaks open when Taeyong peeps inside and starts examining the room with his sharp animal's eyes. "Hey," I lead out a lazy sigh while smiling wearily at the handsome messenger.

"Hey." Taeyong greets back with a warm smile, moving towards my bed at the same time. "Shall I sit here?" He asks while pointing at the bedside and I nod again, not able to look at him in the face. "What's wrong Hurley? You look...worried." Please don't notice, I can't forgive myself crying at the sight of this handsome young 'man'.

"I-" I begin but nothing comes out from my mind. I'm too tired to think right now due to the longest term for me to cry just now. Still facing the floor, my heart is stamping violently at my chest. It thumps so hard until I can even hear the tempo of the beat. "It's nothing." I shake my head with a fake smile when Taeyong leans forward and presses his palms on the headboard behind me. Of course, I'll look at him in surprise and soon, my eyes meet his. Dark chocolate, filled with desire and concern. "Wh-what are you doing?" I stammer upon my words when he suddenly leans closer and presses his lips on mine.

My eyes are wide in shock while the electrical pulse transmits from his kiss towards every inch of my nerves. My muscles tense and the only thing I can do is staying still, my back still presses against the wooden headboard. Everything in my head turns as blank as an untouched paper when I close my eyes, not denying but welcoming the kiss desperately. At the moment, I don't understand what am I thinking. 

What I can picture out through the experience I'm going through now is 'safe', 'blessed' and 'loved'. Although feeling these things in Hell is extremely not making sense for some reasons, it still happens anyway. It's as if regardless of the person and the place, miracles would always happen when the time has come. It just appears so unexpectedly and you can't even see that coming. 

"Why didn't you push me back?" Taeyong whispers into my mouth, exhaling his breath into me while I breath them in.

"I don't know..." I whisper back. "I just...feel right. It's hard to explain." Playing with the loosed strands hanging by my face, Taeyong breathes out a chuckle upon my answer. His eyes half-closed, showing his long lashes under the light. A crimson burn has been left on both of our faces due to the hot and passionate kiss.

"I know it's ridiculous, but the truth is the truth." I can't quite follow what he's saying at first, until he adds, "I think I'm kind of like you." Indeed, this is too much. How can he just simply kisses me and says he likes me, when the only chances for us to meet was in the dungeon. "I was impressed by your responsibility, your determination upon the tortures that Sir Bogum has given to you..." I can tell he looks embarassed when saying these to me.

"Why are you so eager to tell me that right now?" I ask curiously while adjusting my posture. Simultaneously, Taeyong moves away and nudges to my side, his head rested on my shoulder.