12- The Creature

JiaQi's grasp on me tightens when she closes her eyes and begins chanting under her breathe. Both our hands are shaking though I can't figure out who is the main cause of this. Looking around as something unusual starts happening, I see an abstractive phenomenon that looks like a hurricane mixed with ivory and purple. However, it doesn't make any sound or frictional force which creates wind, it just swirls silently around us until Taehyung's presence in my mind is fading.

I look around the new place and feels lucky to find it peaceful. Although it's not my house, it is indeed the most suitable place for us to hide. It turns out that JiaQi has preferred the highschool she alone was in. SMK Senai, is the place.

SMK is the short form of 'Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan' in Malay. It means Government Highschool.

Although today is Saturday, there are neither teachers nor students walking around here as cocurriculum activities are cancelled. "This is the 3RK1 classroom in 2013." RK in Malay stands for 'Rancangan Khas', means Special Program. So, only students who get high results and being in positions between the first to thirtysomething places overall manages to enter this class.

"Which one is your seat?" I ask.

"That one." says JiaQi as she raises her chin towards the first two tables arranged by the door. Their tables are arranged two in a roll and there are about 10 tables altogether in each column from the front. However, the tables' arrangement in the middle of the classroom is a little different from the rolls on left and right. Instead, there are four tables in each roll and twenty of them altogether in a column.

"So, is Wesley sitting beside you here?" I ask while playing with my eyebrows. All the stressful tensions in me are released at the sight of JiaQi's cute and annoyed reaction. By the way, Wesley was used to be her best friend here before she transferred to the school I'd studied in. They often spent their recess moments together in the library and talked about EXO stuffs or some latest animes.

Yup, it's EXO they were talking about in that very year. There isn't nothing wrong with your eyes to read my words wrongly so don't worry. I listen to EXO's songs too as some of their songs are melodious and addicting, such as Growl.

"Nope." JiaQi says while shaking her head. "He sits woooaaay behind there." At the same time while emphasizing, she points at the seat, which is blocked by two more tables behind hers. "Too bad our cikgu doesn't like seeing us seated according to religions." Cikgu means teacher in Malay.

"My cikgu as well." I chuckle while JiaQi giggles bitterly at the same time. We look out to the morning sky. It is turning light blue with grey clouds drifting around like cotton boats. Sunlight starts filtering through the morning mist when the sun rises. Soon, we can hear birds chirping and crows scowling in the nature.

There are hibiscus trees planted outside the classroom and indeed when you lengthen your view, there will be a tiny orchard of plants grown outside. No wonder the air lingering here is cool and refreshing. "Want some music?" asks JiaQi when she hands me another piece of her earbuds.

"Sure." I take the earbuds and put it on gently. Maybe a little bit of music should calm me down until everything is over. Soon, the music is on. It's BTS's new song, Not Today. At first, both of us are quite enjoy it, but later on, we keep hearing strange whispers which keep interupting the song we played. "Do you hear that?" I ask and my friend nods.

"Quick, take it off!" JiaQi hisses anxiously as if she has found herself making mistakes or stuffs like that. "Kookie's presence is coming back. What about yours?" My face go pale as Taehyung's demonic laughter rings violently in my ears, making my heart pumps rapidly and faster. I pluck the earbuds away from my innocent ear hastily and lead out a silent squeak.