10- My Choice to Make

*Hey, guys. Sorry for keep you waiting. To notify, I will update this book once a week and every Sunday as there are plenty of editings needed to do on the next few chapters. But sometimes, there might be surprise updates and I will try making it happen. Lastly, hope you guys enjoy as this is the most important thing I'm concerning about. Okay, let's begin shall we? ('๑•ω•๑')

 Okay, let's begin shall we? ('๑•ω•๑')

Heidi

Jungkook's hands are warm as they glow on each side of my temples when he tries to reach me in my dreams. At this time, it is too late for me to close my eyes and sleep. "You're awake, are you?" I swallow upon the question and freeze as I can feel Jungkook's intense glare on me. My heart starts to race as I feel nervous for being caught dishonest. Slowly, I change my lying position and turn to face him.

"I-I couldn't sleep." I mutter, looking away as to avoid his gaze while sitting up. His eyes must have changed colours as I notice it through an accidental sideways look at him. Then, both of us stay in our own positions for a while until Jungkook chuckles under his breath and breaks the silence. Taking in a deep breath, I look at the spirit boy who has just half-clenched his jaw.

"So you've heard me?" He asks while handing me a glass of water. I nod reluctantly with an awkward smile as I reach out to take the glass politely.

"Thanks." By the time I look into those dark eyes, I can feel him trying to register as many messages as possible through my own.

"Byeol geo anieyo (You're welcome)," answers Jungkook with a warm smile. "Remember the first glass of water you'd served to V-hyung?" asks Jungkook while he pats my head gently.

Putting the glass aside, I say, "Yes. Why?"

The room soon is surrounded by a short awkward silence when the spirit boy eyes me for a long time without continuing the conversation. But then, his lips curl into a pitiful smile.

"Nothing." He shakes his head slightly, leading the thin threads of his hair to jerk in both ways. "I asked only because this is the first glass of water I'd given to you." He admits, scratching the back of his neck while his eyes slide towards my glowing wristband. "Hyung did this, right?" Jungkook asks, picking my hand up gently and examines the wristband in amazement.

"Yeah." I say with a shrug. "He uses it to hide if he fails to make himself transparent to the humans if I'm not wrong." I add cautiously not to give the wrong information. However, the boy's head shoots upwards when his eyes are wide upon my words.

"He what?" Jungkook narrows his eyes while trying to get my point. His eyes linger back onto the object that encircles my wrist and then back to my eyes. The desperation in him to receive my answer is rather obvious.

"He..." The rest of the words are stuck in my throat as the answers I want to express are kind of illogical. "...hides inside?" Apparently, my tone sounds unsure as I presume elements may have their different ways to name the actions they do.