8- His Siblings

Heidi

It is odd, really odd. Reading usually calms me regardless of anything which triggers my anxiety. But this time, it is pointless. I can't forget everything and every moment that makes my heart beats so frantically. The eyes and the claws, Taehyung and his wings, Jimin and the others... Although Taehyung has been staying with me for six months and a day, it's as if he's only stayed for an hour. The eagerness in me to let him stay is so strong that I can't even measure it with a ruler, or a weighing machine. The thought of how Taehyung might be doing now is still ghosting in my mind, making it hard for me to stay calm as if nothing has ever happened.

Soon, more and more questions pop out of my head. Those surfacing thoughts that would only suffocate and suppress me from calming down. Because of this, my mind keeps wandering off from the story line I've been reading like an untrained puppy. Therefore, I close the book and lie down on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling fan, at the reflection of myself and the person lying beside me for a few sec-

Wait a freaking minute! Where is this girl beside me coming from?!

I shriek in exclamation while springing away from my blankets. My eyes almost bulge out from their sockets when I can see a girl lying flat on her stomach on the bed. She smirks, looking at me without her crimson eyes. Her hair is black and in fact, there are similarities between her face and Taehyung's. I remember Taehyung showing me pictures of him and his family. Besides, I also remember pointing at the girl with the cutest grin as his in the photograph. And Taehyung had mentioned that it's his sister, Kim Eonjin.

"Pretty bracelet," Eonjin compliments, gesturing at my wristband. It's a type of cloth somehow, but Eonjin prefers to use a different word. When she talks again, the wristband glows again in white, making Eonjin raises one of her eyebrows. "Interesting." She starts taking small walks towards me while I'm doing the opposite, until my back brushes against the walls and slowly towards the corner.

"W-what do you want?" I ask in my shaky tone, trying to move my legs to run, but they are restricted by snake-like brambles coming from the floor instead. I squeak while struggling against it, I even try to hoist them away from entwining onto my feet. But my whole upper body is being clamped by something bigger in a meantime. "Hel...!"

My scream is muffled when someone's hand covers my mouth. Soon, a low devilish chuckle vibrates against my earlobe. "Better be good, noo...na," it's a boy's voice. Instead of staying put like how he has advised, I continue shouting behind those palms though all my helps and pleas turn out becoming a slur.

"Oppa loves us." Eonjin starts as she circles the room. "We are once his priority before the Zectobits attack us." She adds in disgust when she mentions the word - Zectobits. "I was about to reach him, but you..." Her eyes flare out redder than ever when they are locked dead on me. "Once he saw you, my path which led straight towards him breaks!! And this is all your fault!!" Her voice rises as she points at me with her fore finger. "You are everything in his mind now. And I hate that!" So she's shouting her heart out at me because of extreme jealousy.

I lower my head in distress, thinking how unlucky I am today. I can't stop the tears from brimming on my cheeks when fear is all I feel right now.

Not long after, I can feel the boy behind me chuckles darkly before uttering, "What do you want me to do with her, noona?" asks the brother, which I supposed that he'd meant his own sister. Eonjin hums evilly while her back is still facing us.

"Kill," she says with her head tilted sideways while squinting at me with her cold orbs. "...her." Then, she smiles devilishly unlike the genuine smile she'd made in the photograph previously. She is totally a different person now. Her action now is unlike how Taehyung had told me earlier, it is totally the opposite. And not just his sister, even his younger brother had changed too!

"As you wish, noona." His hair-raising voice sends extreme chilliness down my spine until my shoulders start to shudder in fear. The grasp of the huge white claws on my upper body tightens. Driving a whine from me through his hands while I try to open my mouth. The message that is transmitted throughout my brain right now is that - my lungs need air and it's now or never.

"Don't you ever try to breathe, unnie," growls Eonjin while she clamps my nose tightly with her fingers. Her action makes my eyes roll because of both anger and the sense of almost dying. Seriously, I'm really gonna tell Taehyung about how disrespectful his siblings are when I finally rise up to paradise. My throat feels pain and dry as a scream escapes through it. Due to exhaustion, my vision is blurring. I can't hold it anymore. But I don't want to die.

Not now!!

Unfortunately, the uncontrollable numbness keeps invading my unarmed body while my feet turn wobbly. "Let her go, dongsaeng." I force my eyes open while Taehyung's voice is audible somewhere in the room. Upon hearing their brother's voice, their deadly grasps on me loosen immediately. Finally, I can feel my legs again while the roots on the thorns stop digging into the flesh of my feet, blocking every pore on my skin of it. While both of them leave me aside to find their brother, I tumble to the ground as if the force of gravity has become stronger.

At this fleeting moment, the ground under my feet sinks while a huge circle surrounds me. Due to the pulling forces coming from gravity itself again, I continue to fall into this endless abyss. Such place has reminded me of singing BTS's I Need You because I can't imagine myself falling when I actually am. But all I can do now is reaching out my hand towards the light, until the surface of the ground seals up itself, leaving me to fade in the darkness.

Not long after, I can feel myself landing horizontally and softly on the grassy ground. Everything here is glowing beautifully like neon lights in the city. Nevertheless, I've never got to enjoy these Beauty of Nature now as my body has surrendered upon the extreme sleepiness due to the overwhelming anxiety caused by those demon's invasion just now.

"Don't worry, Didy. You're safe now," is all I hear before I let my body gives in. Her voice, I know who the voice belongs. It is unbelievable but I swear I know this person. In fact, she used to be my deskmate in high school. She used to sit beside me every day and she loved joking stupid jokes like a total idiot. But when everything came into the strict topic about exams, she would stress herself out in order to score.

She is hardworking and caring to all her friends. And the truest truth is, she is Jungkook's soulmate as Taehyung has already told me. "Jaykee." There comes Jungkook's voice when he calls her. "Palri zuseiyo (Faster, come and help me)," he says when what I can see is only the colour of the abyss – black. 

First updated in April 2, 2017

Last edited in January 13, 2018.