Love. (Gerard Way x Reader)

Zacznij od początku

No, you didn't kill anyone. (As much as you would've liked to.) You didn't even seriously injure anyone, but you did make sure that they knew precisely how heartbroken and devastated you felt.

Understandably, after that experience, you'd given  up. You'd given up on love. On ever finding someone you could give yourself over to completely, and who wouldn't hurt you. It broke your heart that you would never have the type of love you'd dreamed about ever since you were little, but the constant soul-crushing heartache had finally become too much, and you finally became utterly broken.

And then you met Gerard.

From the moment you two had met at the quaint local coffee shop in your hometown, Gerard was wholly taken with you. There was something about the way you sat in the corner booth, hidden from plain sight and immersed in your writing while nursing a vanilla latte... he didn't know why, but he immediately felt drawn to you. And from the minute he shyly greeted you, and you looked up at him, eyes twinkling, he knew that he had to make you his.

Obviously, you were more than apprehensive to get involved with Gerard - you were broken, after all. Yes, you had felt drawn to him too, but you tried your upmost to shove those feelings into the deepest, darkest corner of your heart. Of course, it didn't work. You tried to explain to Gerard that you weren't interested, but he was persistent. Not in the wrong way, though. You'd made it clear to him that you had no desire whatsoever to get into a romantic relationship. And he respected that - but he wasn't about to let you just walk out of his life. No way in hell.

You spent a lot of time together after that. Most of that time consisted of you going over to Gerard's house, or vice versa, and you'd put in a couple of old records while you sat in blissful silence, you working on your article, and him on his comics or art; it was your favourite time. Just being in each other's company brought comfort and ease to the both of you. Gerard said it was because the two of you meshed together so perfectly. Your quirks complimented his quirks.

Your broken parts fit his broken parts.

Sometimes, Gerard would take you to art galleries. The two of you would wonder around for hours, appreciating the art. When you'd walk past a particularly interesting piece, the two of you would sit down on a nearby bench and discuss it. The way Gerard's hypnotically beautiful eyes sparkled and his entire body perked up made your heart swell, and you found yourself - despite the desperate protests of the little voice at the back of your head - slowly but surely falling for him.

After two months and tons of denial, you admitted to yourself that you were in love with Gerard.

You hated it.

You hated yourself for letting it get to this point. You hated that you had let this man in. You hated that you fell in love with him.

You hated that you knew you couldn't leave without him.

Gerard was different. Sure, you told yourself that about every guy you fell for. But Gerard was different. He was... good. He made you feel important. Cared for. Worthwhile. Beautiful.

Loved.

Gerard didn't understand why you were so angry about loving him, especially when he assured you that he loved you too. You told him that it was because you didn't want to be in love. You didn't want to open yourself up to someone.

You didn't want to get hurt.

He would never hurt you. That's what he told you, and that's what you believed. Even so, it still took a long while before you were finally comfortable enough with doing the whole 'love' thing again, and start dating Gerard. And even when you did start dating, and even though he was the epitome of the perfect boyfriend, you still felt anxious.