Chapter 15 - The Perils of Fatigue

Start from the beginning

She started to move backwards, bullets were flying around from every direction. Her force field began to retreat with her. Still that didn’t help I was still growing weak; I could hardly keep my eyes open. I laid flat on the ground, in the shape of a star. Looking towards the sky, I could see it spinning. “What was happening to me?” I thought, as I closed the lids of my eyes. “Vince!” I barely heard Lucy shout. “Please get up.” She knelt down beside me, and put her hand on my chest as if to see, if i was even still alive. I felt a strange rush of energy enter my body. It was so quick; it felt like I was hit by lightning. “What are you doing to me?” I asked, as I opened my eyes, holding my chest and trying to regain normal breathing.

“Nothing, just checking if you’re ok,” She said hand covering her mouth.

“Well, I’m fine now. Whatever you did,” I said back, calmly. “Thanks.”

“For what, Vince,” She asked, sounding confused. “What did I do?”

“You healed me, or gave me energy or something.” I said still groggy and slightly shocked.

“So I like healed you?” She asked.

“Yeah, did you not feel it?” I replied. “Don’t you feel fatigued?”

She looked at me puzzled, like she as if she done something wrong. “No, I feel fine,” She said. “How are you feeling? You look normal.”

“Normal, so I look like I usually do?” I asked, as I got up off the ground.

“Yes, you look like the boy I go to school with.” She said. “Can you change back? You know that other form you have?”

“I can try,” I asked. “Can you cover me, with your force field?”

“Quick, get him, while he's weak!” A solider shouted.

A solider fired his weapon, and the bullet went through my right arm. I screamed in pain my arm felt like it was on fire. I had no choice, if we were going to get out of here; I need to find my power once again. Lucy closed in on me surrounding me inside her bluish purple bubble. I closed my eyes, and rode the pain of the bullet. Then I felt it again. It was like an electric charge, running through me from head to toe. “You did it, you changed,” Lucy said excitedly. We hurried back to Dad, who still lying under the wing of the wreaked plane. “We got to go, Dad and the only way out is up. I can fly, but I don’t have much energy. Just enough to get the three of us out of here,” I said. In which he agreed, to my surprise. “Just hold on to me, Lucy put your force field around us to protect my Dad, and yourself.”

They put their arms around me, and I took off into the air. The F452s followed, instantly. In the distance, to my surprise I saw Susan. She was with five other Xenopian girls, and they were all flying, including Susan. We finally all met up, and Lucy expanded her force field to enclose us all. “Lucy let me help you,” Susan said, as she took on the half the strain of the force field, making it crack with electricity.

“Thanks Susan, are you ok? Did they hurt you?” Lucy asked, feeling the load of the force field lighten.

“You’re welcome," She replied. "And to my surprise, no they didn’t,” shaking her head.

“Sorry to break up the little reunion. But we really got to go,” A blonde female said.

I looked at her; I could have sworn I knew her from primary school. She was taken in grade eight. “Is your name, Jenny Nash?” I managed to blurt out.

“Yes, Vince Galengino, right?” she asked confused. “Lucy Graham?”

“I haven't seen you, since grade seven or eight,” Lucy said, excited giving her a hug.

“We can catch up later, ok? We need to get you and Vince, out of here. Before Vince, loses too much energy,” Jenny said. “We will hold back the F452s, Vince take them to Indino right away. Susan, go with them, we have this.”

Jenny then grabbed on to the tail wing of the plane and smashed it into the other plane “Wow,” I said. She must of heard me, cause she looked toward me and shouted “Vince, go now!”

I turned, and flew off towards Indino's lair. Jenny and her gang, acted as a decoy until we got away. “Mel you flank the left hand side, use your laser sight, and take out as many tanks as you can. Tori you flank the right, use your gust ability to knock over the soldiers. Zoe, use your levitation ability when I give the signal. Vanessa, I want you to take Heidi, and get behind them and use your twin abilities to how you seem fit. We only have a short time, so we have got to make this count.” Jenny ordered.

The girls followed their orders as we flew off into the distance. “You’re not going to believe, what your about to see guys. It's amazing,” Susan said, as we flew towards the harbour bridge.

“We need to see Indino first. He needs to see Lucy.” I snapped, not meaning to.