"Do you have an appointment?" her voice was sultry, and it irked me.

I didn't want to use force, intimidation, or fear to a woman whose only crime was stupidity and a misplaced belief that she was even remotely beautiful or pretty under all the makeup she had smeared on her face.

But I also didn't have the time to play nice; Raphael needed me.

I turned, about to walk to Gabriella's boss' office, but as luck could have it, there was a squeak of the elevator opening, and he got out.

He paled immediately he saw me. I could tell he remembered our first meeting. He was almost tall as I was, but the guy was a wuss. Most likely, a city guy brought up with the money, a trust fund, and a family lineage that likely dated back to the 18th century.

I gave him my hand; he hesitated, probably thinking I would squeeze it like I did the last time. I was tempted, but I did not.

"I'm sorry for dropping by without an appointment," I said, not sounding sorry at all. "But Gabriella thought she could have some manuscript to read while she stays at home" I was looking at him, gauging his reaction.

"She didn't she? Who the hell does she think she is? She is delusional if she thinks she still works for my company" He seems to have lost his sense of preservation in his anger. Shouting, I was sure the whole company could hear him."

I took a step towards him, a smile on my face. "I'm sorry to hear that. I thought the agreement was to attend to her family emergency as long as she needed to."

"I never signed anything of the sort," He said triumphantly. His eyes challenging me in a duel.

This rich spineless boy had no loyalty or honor.

"It was a gentleman agreement; we shook hands on it. Or aren't you a gentleman?" my voice sounded soft, angry, cold, and I was about to snap.

He must have realized it because he moved his eyes to the front office bimbo demanding to have ten manuscripts packed for Gabriella.

Almost half an hour later, I dropped the manuscripts with flora to pass them over to her and then drove off.

Raphael.

I was jealous! So damn jealous that Romano hit it off with Sophie I felt like killing him. He joked with her, smiled at her, even laughed with her. Since I was fifteen, I've known the son of bitch, and he rarely laughs with me, only at me. He is so stingy with words that sometimes I want to hit his head so he can at least say something. Then suddenly, he is a chatterbox.

Fabricio was still rambling about having a hotel beside the club to transfer the underaged girl's employment.

"I have seen the books, and the club profits cannot manage to buy a hotel, not to mention there is another hotel in the vicinity. Competing for the same customers in a low populated area is not really a good idea." I said.

"I know that, but the owner is selling his place. We can purchase it and have the only restaurant in the area."

Fabricio appeared nervous.

"Did you force him out?"

It would be very foolish of him to do so.

"No, I did not, boss," he stammered.

"Then why are you so jumpy?" Bruno asked. "What are you afraid of? "

"I'm sleeping with his daughter," Fabricio finally muttered, brushing imaginary dust off his sleeves. "He wants to meet you? "

"About his daughter or selling the hotel?"

I asked, confused. Why would anyone want to talk to me about any of my employees dating their daughter or the equivalent? Unless...