Chapter 15-Loving You

Start from the beginning

"I wish I could love you the way you love me. If I could, I would regain my memory not for myself but for you to have the one you love." I admit to him.

He looks shocked. I really wanted to remember him. All I can remember is my family. Nothing more nothing less. I was as sad as he was. He pulled me close to me. He pressed his sweet lips against mine.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I wanted to bring her back like last time. With a kiss. But it didn't worked. She felt nothing. It made me even more sad. After about five times without success I sit on the ground. This wasn't happening. I refused to believe my Ella was taken away from me.

As I sat on the ground I cried into my hands. Ella sat down next to me. She tried to make me feel better. She rubbed my back reassuringly. She hugged me. She said comforting words. Nothing worked.

Soon Logan and Rachael arrived. When they came I felt Ella tense up. When they came she was resting her head on my shoulder. She was holding my hand. When they arrived, she was as stiff as ice. Rachael and Logan were panting.

"Who is the boy and the girl?" Ella whispered to me.

"The boy is Logan, you met him before. The girl is Rachael, you've never, met her." I explain.

"Alright." She was still tense.

"What the heck! What isn't so clear about we have to figure this out?" Angrily asked Rachael.

"Don't blame him. I needed to have a drink, it was life threatening." Ella spoke up.

"Fine." Rachael angrily replies.

"Let's go back to the cave." Suggested Logan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon we arrive at the cave. I never let Ella leave my side. We sat down in the cave. Logan went to go explain things to Rachel and to figure out another way for me to restore Ella's memory.

I explained everything to Ella.That Rachael was scouting the area and sniffed her out. That it was because of Rachael that she climbed the tree and stayed there until she eventually fell. That the four pairs of footsteps pounding towards her were actually Logan and me in wolf form. That I was the one who carried her to the cave the first time. I was the one who fought to keep her alive and that I healed her. That I was the one who put the sunscreen on her until she was covered almost everywhere.

"Thank you. For everything." Ella whispers.

"Know one thing Ella, I will always be here for you. Memory or not." I tell her honestly.

She blushes. Darn her blushing. It makes me miss her knowing me even more.

"I wish I could remember." She says in a soft whisper.

"This isn't your fault. It's my fault." I admit.

"How?" She asks.

"If I didn't leave you. I thought I could go for a quick swim before you woke up. The night before you fell asleep quickly when I was telling you an old story. You were shivering in your sleep. I wrapped my jacket around you, the one you're wearing now. That morning I wanted to go for a quick swim. I ended up also quickly running back to the pack house. I had to get sunscreen for you. I didn't want you to get burned again. I stupidly left my phone near the lake. When I got there Logan said that Rachael was scouting around where I left you. We morphed and ran towards where she was howling. I was devastated. That's why it's all my fault." I explain.

She leans her head on my shoulder again. I put my arm around her. I feel like I was with the Ella that knew and loved me. But I wasn't.

"Can you tell me that story?" She suddenly asks.

"Sure." I say sweetly.

"There once were two lonely people. A woman and a man. The woman's name was Annabell. The man's name was Charles. Annabell was a werewolf. Charles was a rouge werewolf. They once met. They fell in love the moment they realized who they were talking to. They were talking to their mates. They could tell by the sparks they felt near each other. They were madly in love. They were inseparable. One day Annabell fell sick. Charles didn't want his love to die. He knew the only way for her to live was if they mated each other."

"How come mating her was the only way to save her?" Ella asked.

"Because if two mates mate each other they receive some of the other's strength. Even a dieing werewolf would survive if they are mated. You mate someone by biting their necks and then softly licking the spot where you bit to heal the wound." I explained.

"Once they mated each other everything was fine. They lived a very happy life. For a while. Soon they were separated. They were forced by there families to separate. The two had nothing to live for. So they killed themselves."

"What?" Ella asks suddenly.

"What?" I ask confused.

"They find their true love and they let a family feud separate them? Why didn't they run away together? Why didn't they tell their families how much they were in love? They could have saved their love." She states angrily.

"It's suppose to teach werewolves that no matter what, you have to be loyal to your pack." I tell her.

"Why aren't they loyal to their heart?" She asks with wide eyes.

I think about this. She was right. I'm doing something they should have done. I'm dating a vampire. That could have both of us killed. But are love is to strong for us to forget about each other being different. No matter what happens.

"I guess they didn't love each other like how I love you." I say softly.

"You love me?" Ella asks softly.

"Let thy count the ways of how I love the lady Ella. I love your grace and charm. I love your strength and how you aren't afraid to speak your mind. I love your beauty and your intelligence. And most of all, I love how you choose your heart over your pack. How you chose to defy the vampire law to see me. And to love me." I admit.

She blinks many times absorbing the information. She looks straight into my eyes. A soft smile grows on her face. She leans in and kisses me. I am at first a bit confused. But when I see how passionately she is I know the truth. My Ella is back.