A Day in the Life

"Well this should be rather interesting" I chuckled as I walked out the door rather early one Wednesday morning in early June. I was going to work with Papi at the theatre rather early to get to experience something few people get to. 

"Kaitlin will show you the ropes and help you get everything set up. Just follow her lead and once the Ham4Ham portion is done go find Leslie. She will help you learn the in's and out's of working inside the theatre for the two shows. I know you will have so much fun" he chuckled. "Plus it will give you an idea of what your facing the day you work with Reese at the merch table in a few weeks."

I nodded "Sure..sure Papi I am sure it will be such fun. Anyway you just do your part up there to get the crowd excited." Once we got to the theatre I joined Kaitlin over at the table where people would sign slips of paper for the drawing.

"Okay so I have you on bucket duty today, it's the easiest. All you have to do is make sure all the slips of paper get inside the bucket and are shuffled around. Once your dad finishes the show you will accompany me up to the steps and we'll draw some names. Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me. Wow that crowd looks massive already" I chuckled as I watched the police direct traffic around the crowd that was lined down the block. I knew from experience that this was about to get chaotic.

Once the lottery was open the lines moved at a rather brisk pace with people getting their paper, signing their name, and then putting it in the large bucket. I made sure to mix the names up from time to time. I also noticed that people used the pens we provided, I found that a good idea so that no one knew who had won until the names were called. I recognized several people that I had met at previous Ham4Ham's and I spoke to them when they put their names in. I was hoping at least one of them would win today.

"Hello...Hello...Hello" Papi said as he came out the doors. The whole crowd erupted into applause and loud cheering but I kept my eyes on the bucket. I knew from experience that people came last minute to put their name in the bucket. We closed the line right as Papi, Renee, Leslie, and Pippa were finishing up the performance.

"For today's name draws my lovely daughter will be assisting Kaitlin with that. So everyone make her feel welcome" Papi said as he handed the mic off to Kaitlin and headed back inside.

"Alright folks here's how it will work. We will draw names from the bucket and if your name is called, you will head over to Gerald at the table with your ID to purchase your tickets. Please make sure to have everything ready. Now here we go, Dania it's all you" she chuckled as I drew out the first name.

"Claire Young" I called out and chuckled as I saw a girl of maybe 16 and her mom waving frantically before heading to the table. "Sam Buck" I called out next and grinned when one of the people who had entered several times finally won. We continued calling out names until we got to the final two slips of paper I needed to draw. I pulled out the first slip "Hannah Allen....Casey C" and couldn't believe it that it was two more of the people who had entered numerous times but had never won.

"THANK YOU" Hannah said grinning as she shook my hand. "I have entered like 50+ times but until you came out to draw had never won. You are mine, Casey, and Sam's lucky charm. Can we get a picture?"

I nodded and we snapped a quick selfie together before I followed Kaitlin inside to meet up with Leslie the house manager. I found her behind the will call desk sorting the piles of tickets that would be picked up before the show started or would be sold to those in the cancellation line.

"Thank goodness you are here!" She exclaimed giving me a quick hug. "First off change your shirt to the one here" she said handing me a Hamilcrew shirt. I ran to the bathroom and quickly changed before joining her again. "Now you look more like my house crew. For the matinee I am going to have you shadow Carlos as he takes tickets at the door. Once I open the cancellation line for purchasing I will walk you through what I do okay?"