We're Home

It had been a long journey to return back to the states but we were all happy to be home for the holidays. Abuelo and Uncle Chris picked us up from the airport. I waved goodbye to Skye knowing I would see her later the next day at the theater.

"Go to sleep kiddo" Papi said as we walked in the front door. "Tomorrow is going to be so very busy and we all need our rest."

"Just a sec" I said heading out onto our terrace. I happily took in the sights of New York, oh how I had missed this place. I smiled when Papi joined me out on the terrace "I missed this place so much. I never realized until we had been away for a while how much this felt like home."

He nodded smiling "This is my favorite place to be. We are here for two weeks so we will have all the time in the world to explore our old haunts. We should sleep though as all our friends are meeting us at the theater tomorrow for our annual Christmas party. I'm glad this year we drew names again. Who did you get anyway?"

"I'm not telling you" I said chuckling. "It wouldn't be fair if you knew beforehand and I know you don't plan to tell me who you got. It's all in good fun though, tomorrow will be here soon enough."

I awoke the next morning to my favorite sight "Morning Sebby, everyone up?"

He grinned "Yes. Mami say you get up now pease"

"Of course I'll get up now" I grinned right back. "Today we get to see all our old friends, I've missed them." I picked Sebastian up and put on my bunny slippers and headed downstairs.

"A year has changed so much" Papi said as we sat around eating breakfast. "This time last year you were planning the best Christmas gift ever. Do you have something up your sleeve to top last year?"

I shook my head "I can't top last year but I do have something special for you both. Also I had an idea but I need to run it by Uncle Chris first."

"Whatever it is, I am sure it will be amazing" Papi said chuckling. "Anyway today we gotta go pick up everything that we need for our Christmas. We have to be at the theater by 3 pm so we need to come back home and get changed. Chris and Skye should be here by 2:30 he said."

"Okay" I nodded making a mental list of stuff I needed when we were out shopping. Once we finished eating and put our dishes in the sink we got ready to head out. I was headed out with Papi while Mami and Sebastian were headed off in a different direction. I had a feeling they were off to get mine and Papi's presents.

"So what did you get Mami for Christmas this year?" I asked as we walked toward the main party store we loved to use. "I got her some of her favorite London tea and a new mug to drink it in. I also got her a gift card to the tea place down the road from our flat."

Papi chuckled "One thing I want to be a surprise to everyone but I got her a new coat that she had been eyeing for a while now. I also got her tickets to this symposium thing that I knew she had been eyeing. It will mean us watching Sebastian for the day but it will be worth it. As I said the big present I will let you be surprised. Oh and I got a family present this year as well...or I should say it will be used next year."

"Oh...cool"I said not sure what to think of a family present. Next year our family dynamics would change when the baby came. "Next year will be different with my baby sister. I cannot wait to get to introduce her to my favorite holiday."

"That's actually part of my present to your Mami" he admitted. "It's something to do with your baby sister and something she had been eyeing for so long."

We continued to talk about all kinds of things as we made our way to the party store. Once there we quickly made short work of our list we had. I also picked up a few baby girl items from their selection of things in the baby aisle. Once we paid for everything it was time to we headed to the bookstore to pick up some light reading and a book that Skye had requested that I was giving her for Christmas.

We arrived back at the apartment at the same time as Mami and Sebastian. We all seemed to have bought out all the stores we had visited. As we got ready for the evening ahead we talked about our adventures and got excited about the night ahead.

"SKYE" I squealed as right on time the doorbell rang. I tackle hugged her and when she stepped aside I burst into tears "KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Hey! I was waiting in the lobby for the elevator when they walked in. Your reaction was the same as Skye's, it's so good to see you both. Your Papi put this little surprise together, he figured you didn't want to wait til tomorrow" Katie said grinning.

"We are going to have to catch up and soon!" I exclaimed as I hugged her again. "Are you going to the theater party with us?"

She nodded "Yes I am and then we are having a sleepover, just like old times. I brought my present for you in my bag. I'm going to set it in your room along with Skye's bag."

I turned on Papi as Katie headed upstairs "You had me beliving she wouldn't be hear until tomorrow! You are so sneaky, thank you Papi!"

"Your most welcome kiddo" he said grinning. "It's just one of the many presents I wanted to give you for Christmas. Anyway we're all back so let's head to the theater. No sense in keeping our other family waiting."

A/N

I decided to split this into 2 parts because I thought it might be easier.