The White House

Dear Diary:

OH MY WORD!!!! That was one wild ride of a show and afterwards. Papi had set up a nice little surprise for the entire cast. He took us out to eat afterward! All of us! He wanted to reward us for a job well done and thought this was the best way possible. The whole entire cast of Hamilton was there at the restaurant and we had it all to ourselves! We talked for over an hour and ate ourselves sick.

I could tell Papi was watching the time as we needed to be on the road by a certain time. Once the parents started arriving I moved over to him "Are we really taking a bus?"

"Yep only the best for this crew. We have a hotel for the other two nights, it's just better if we drive. Plus don't you want to get really close and personal with everyone?" he asked laughing.

We soon were back at the theater getting our things together for the bus ride. I hugged Abuela and Sebastian tightly before joining Skye on the bus. I took the window seat and Skye took the aisle. Katie was sitting behind us with Ari. Mami and Papi were up front near the driver. This was going to be so much fun!

"Hey I'm going to talk to Groff later" I told Skye as we played a game of Uno with Ari and Katie. "I seriously need some advice on how to handle something if I decide to audition for Mimi."

Skye nodded "Yeah the whole kissing thing right? I am sure he will have some amazing ideas on how to handle that role."

We continued to play until Katie had won, which surprised no one. We talked some before people began to slowly nod off. Skye and I traded seats and I moved back to talk to Groff who had the last seat all to himself. I sat down beside him adn smiled.

"I need some advice and I know your the perfect person to ask" I said smiling.

"Sure thing small Miranda, what is it?" he asked.

"Small Miranda? Well that's a new one" I chuckled. "Anyway as you know I'm a budding lesbian and I have never kissed a boy! Well at least not willingly. Anyway IF I tried out for Mimi I would have to kiss whomever ended up as Roger. I don't want to freak out on stage and scare everyone so I need advice."

He grinned "You came to the right place! I have kissed both men and women so I know a lot about how to act the part. That's what you have to do, you have to remember this is just a role you are playing. It's not real life and when you leave the stage you won't have to kiss this person again until the next night. Now as to how not to freak out, just imagine that this is an audition. This isn't real life and it's not going to change who you are or whom you want to be with. Also make sure Skye is comfortable with this because you don't want her angry or upset when you have to kiss the guy. Also have a backup role in mind in case you really do feel you can't go through with it."

"Already ahead of you there" I chuckled. "I also plan to audition for the role of Maureen. I loved Idina Menzel's take on the role and I do love leather."

"Have you ever met the stage diva?" he asked chuckling. "I mean I might could pull some strings and..."

"OH HELL NO" I said clamping a hand over my mouth as those who were still awake stared at us. "I would probably melt into a puddle OR worse! If I met her or Kristin Chenoweth I would die. I am a HUGE Wicked fan, like as in obsessive fan. I umm yeah" I said blushing.

He chuckled "Okay..okay I'll keep all this is mind for later. Anyway just go into this with an open heart and mind. I know you'll end up doing great and slaying the role like you did with this last one. Now go to sleep small Miranda, we have a LONG day ahead."

I awoke to the bus jostling to a stop outside of our hotel. I was using Skye's shoulder as a pillow and she was just waking up as well. We both got up and joined the line of people getting off the bus. Papi and Mami were waiting for me and we walked in together. I found out that we would be sharing a suite on the top floor with Chris and Skye's room across the hall. I had a feeling Skye would be in my room more than that room. We all got settled into our rooms and then met downstairs in one of the big meeting rooms.

"SHUT UP EVERYONE" Alex yelled using one of the famous Ham4Ham bullhorns. "I am not going to talk over you guys! If you don't want to know what we are doing then it is NOT my fault."

A loud whistle erupted from toward the back of the room and everyone stopped talking. We all stared at Jaz "Where the hell did you learn that?" Oak asked

We all laughed and turned our attention to Alex and Tommy.

"Okay we have to be at the white house in like an hour. The kids are already there listening to some people talk about history. We are going to present our EduHam ideas to them and see how it goes. Then we are going to sing the following songs: Alexander Hamilton, My Shot, Schuyler Sisters, My Shot, and One last time in that order. The president will give a brief speech before we sing and I will be narrating what is happening in the scenes" Tommy explained.

"After we finish Lin the president wants to do something with you, I am not sure what" Alex said and the whole room erupted in laughter. "Then we are taping 3 Ham4Ham shows from inside the white house. Ladies you will be working with Tommy to get that set up. Daveed, Oak, Leslie, and Lin you are with me for a real treat. We are going to end the day with a Cabinet Battle in the white house like they would've done years ago! Any questions?"

"Yeah do I have to sing?" I asked standing beside Skye nervously.

"Why else would you be here small Miranda" Groff called from somewhere near the back.

"Only on the songs you know" Alex said smiling. "Although I think you pretty much know all of them by now. Anyway we leave in 45 minutes so make sure your back down here in 35! GO GO GO."

We all scattered to get changed and all that Jazz. I was glad I had decided to wear my hair straight for the show or I'd never would've made it back downstairs on time. I wore a simple turquoise dress with my favorite flats. I made it downstairs with a few minutes to spare. With moments to spare Leslie and a few ensemble members made it downstairs. We all boarded the vans for the trip to the white house.

A/N

So as I said I'm breaking this down into 2 or maybe 3 parts. I wanted to do the trip down first and then do all the white house stuff seperate.